Lee PrecisionWidenersLoad DataRepackbox
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frost has come!

Boolit Master

Frost has come!

Well my Bermuda grass will now turn brown (thank goodness) it got down to 27 last night. now I will have time to cast and load Indian summer will start tomorrow.
    Frank G.

I'm about 70 miles South East of Dallas, and it was 90-ish here yesterday.
    Got up this morning and it was colder than a pawn broker's heart.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master

Not supposed to frost but temp here is forecasted to hit the upper 30s tonight. According to local radio it was 70 when I got up this morning and had dropped to a rainy 48 by the time I broke for lunch.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Boolit Master
    We are supposed to get our first frost of Fall tonite as well. At least down by the 2 rivers where I live anyway.

I yanked all of our produce yesterday afternoon evening anyway.

That drop from about 80F sunny & dry for a high the day before yesterday, to 40F for a high with snow/sleet today & sprinkles intermixed is a bit of a change. As I get older I have a harder time with such fast changes. I don't acclimatize fast enough so it hits like a brick.

Summer ended & it looks like Fall is gonna be a short one before the cold & snow of Winter moves in here this year...
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master

Here 40 miles East of St.Louis it is forcast to get to about 30 degrees tomorrow morning. Last week it was pushing 90 and then the next day it was FALL.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Boolit Master
    Denver had a 50 degree f. Drop from tues. To wed. Snow on the grass. Lots of accidents wed. Am.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Boolit Buddy
    I hope that it gets so cold this winter that democrats have to keep their hands in their OWN pockets.
    NRA Life 1992
    My avatar is almost a dead ringer for my little buddy Chico. Six pounds of mean that thought he was a Pit Bull. Miss that little guy.

My thermometer this morning said 18.

Boolit Master
    I live 100 miles south of St. Louis and it’s going to frost here soon. It was 80’s here and today it dropped to the 40’s . Going to be in the low 30’s early tomorrow’ morning

Boolit Grand Master

Looking forward to cooler weather in the SE. it was 100*F a week ago when I took my boys to the local fair.

Boolit Master
    We're under a freeze warning............currently it's 35 degrees at 6:30 AM.

Winelover

Boolit Master
    We got our first frost last week, I saw a lot of dead weeds & such in my lawn last night when I was mowing. Haven't mowed in 3-4 weeks. The leaves have just begun to fall.

Frost on the garage roof this morning. I love the sound of frozen mosquitos dropping to the ground.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Snowing all morning. Ground still warm so it won't stick

Boolit Buddy
    Got frost warning for tonight, as could hit the upper 20's, but we still have some wind tonight. That will have to die down for it to get down that far.

Had our first frost last night warmed up fast though went to get groceries this afternoon in shorts and flip flops
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

We haven't had our first frost just yet here at inland southern NH....but it is coming. Still have lettuce growing, and still need to harvest and process Brussels sprouts, carrots and butternut squash, with a few beets left over.
    The lady bugs were swarming and trying to get into the house in the last few days. I have a bunch here in the office that got in through the A/C.
    Fall is the best..........
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

You guys are so funny with your posted temps. Come on down to Fla if your cold.

Quote Originally Posted by willowbend View Post
    You guys are so funny with your posted temps. Come on down to Fla if your cold.
    No thanks. When it is cold, I just put on more clothing. Here in NH the summers are usually in the 80's with low humidity. In FL it is 100 with 100% humidity all summer.
    The longest year of my life was spent at Ft. Gordon GA. How people can live in that kind of heat and humidity is beyond me.
    Nope....no way.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

The forecast is for 50 in the morning here..so they say. With the tropical situation coming this weekend it will be short lived.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast