RepackboxLoad DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 13 year old arrested for finger gun

Boolit Buddy

13 year old arrested for finger gun

This is really crazy stuff. What happened to let kids be kids. Now we are arresting them for pointing a finger at someone ???? Crazy world we live in. To top it off I read somewhere else that apparently in the same school district students who brought real guns to school didnt even get a felony charge so go figure.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...mates-n1064991

Well, you can’t spank a kid who’s acting up so why not arrest them when they point a finger....on 2nd thought that is nuts.

I suppose now they will be “red flagged” for lifetime, so all they will ever have is a finger to point...

Boolit Grand Master

And my 5 and 6 year olds were playing at a small ecotourism farm yesterday with other similar age kids using “stick guns” and I joined in on the fun. Great fun had by all and worst injury was the twisted ankle off the end of the slide for about 5 seconds.

Boolit Master
    Homeschool if at all possible.

This issue came up in Pennsylvania recently and resulted in a conviction.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...S_2O-_mJHkWWAE

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by rkrcpa View Post
    This issue came up in Pennsylvania recently and resulted in a conviction.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...S_2O-_mJHkWWAE
    The conviction was for misdemeanor criminal activity. This 13 year old is being charged with a felony. If it were up to me the County Attorney would be looking for employment. One could argue that the finger was to be used for a sex act and it would be ignored but in todays climate, to imitate a gun will get you to trial. Crazy times we live in.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Banned
    Government schools are the disease.
    Homeschooling is the remedy.
    —Griff

Boolit Buddy
    There are many things wrong with this unfortunate incident. Going beyond the felony issue. How do you handcuff 13 year old for that and arrest them is beyond me. Even if I was that LEO and I HAD to arrest that child in order to keep my job, you have to have no heart at all to handcuff that poor girl and walk her out of school like that for all other students to see. Thats horrible. What kind of an example do we set as adults.

Now do you think that fixed anything or did that just create endless perpetual cycle of weekly shrink visits for that child? I feel bad for her and her parents.

Boolit Master
    Osteodoc08,

I don't know why, but your post #3 posted at 1:59 PM CST is the same as your post #9 at 4:05 PM CST.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    I read both articles. I am very disappointed about some conclusions I have from reading these articles.

One is that I think too many people are wimps.

Another is that I still think that gestures are a form of Freedom of Speech & are protected by our US Constitutions 1st Amendment. If burning a flag is considered to be Freedom of Speech, then these hand gestures certainly ought to be considered as such.

Lastly, regarding the case in Kansas, they better hire better attorneys than the others did in Penn & the other instances mention in the Penn. article.

Good grief! America is going to hell in a handbasket, with all these panty waist woosies complaining about such things, along with the judges who find such things to be illegal....
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I think you are all looking at this the wrong way . . . we should be filing complaints at all of this on the Left who always finger point at us for being "deplorable" . . . . "lock 'em up".

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by JBinMN View Post
    Osteodoc08,

I don't know why, but your post #3 posted at 1:59 PM CST is the same as your post #9 at 4:05 PM CST.
    I see that. Weird. I deleted the double tap

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by osteodoc08 View Post
    I see that. Weird. I deleted the double tap

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

Boolit Grand Master
    I read about this.
    I think the school made a huge mistake.
    They will be sued.
    If the school is so concerned about the well being of the students, isn't she one of the students?????
    Imagine how much this is affecting her.
    The cops should have known better also.

Boolit Mold
    I absolutely agree on the homeschooling. “Fixing” the system by putting your kids through it doesn’t work.

Banned
    You can't blame the police for this one, the school put the officer in a position where he could do nothing and suffer the consequences OR do something and suffer the consequences.

From the news story:
    " ...the girl was having a discussion with a classmate who asked if she could kill five people in the room, who would they be. The girl responded by allegedly making a finger gun and pointing it at four students and then pointing it at herself..."

That kid wasn't arrested for "making a finger gun gesture", as the headline leads the reader to believe. The kid was arrested for making a threat to kill four people and herself. Thirty years ago the teacher would have just told the kid to knock it off and that would be the end of it. Now the liberal teachers call the police and force the police to deal with the perceived threat the teacher couldn't deal with. If the officer tells the liberal teacher that a finger gun gesture isn't a threat - the police officer will be chastised by the liberal twits for "not taking the threat seriously".

The only thing liberal academia produces is more liberals.

How much you want to bet that the teacher that couldn't handle the "finger gun" incident was some far left wing, radical, anti-gun liberal with a quivering lower lip and Obama 08, Obama 12 & I'm with Hilary bumper stickers on her Prius ?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrol & Powder View Post
    How much you want to bet that the teacher that couldn't handle the "finger gun" incident was some far left wing, radical, anti-gun liberal with a quivering lower lip and Obama 08, Obama 12 & I'm with Hilary bumper stickers on her Prius ?
    That describes just about every teacher, especially here!

I used to have some friends who taught in the public school system here. They kept saying that their kids got dumber every year. I explained that those who could home schooled or sent their kids to a private school. One way to fix this, is to allow parents to choose where their school tax dollars go. Public education is like the USPS. Why would anyone want to convert heathcare into something like the USPS?

Wouldn't be anyone left in school in my day and I did grow up in that Ks neighborhood. Courts are craazy as well as the educational system. School announced it was NOT their decision to have her arrested. CYA type talk!
    Whatever!

Boolit Master
    And so many of you think all the fools are in California. This is nuts.
    jim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast