Lee PrecisionRepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationWidenersTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cabelas' BS

Boolit Grand Master

I just received two boxes of 25-06 ammo ordered online from Cabelas. Course, they already have all my information. No hassle and no charge since I have the credit card.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

I'm in utah. The state has some wierd laws o the books and I know them as I really do read law books.

Alcohol you need to be 21. But if you look older the 35 you do not need to be asked for id.

However if the store/bar/redturant uses the real I'd system they will ask for it every time.

Now I do not trust a system that tracks me buying alcohol at all. Or tracks me period.
    If the try to take me I'd to scan it I ask for soda instead.

Or I leave.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Walmart ask to see my ID.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Was at our local kroger one day with the wife getting food and stuff and got some beer, when we were checking out the kid checking us out (who wasn't old enough to put the beer in the bag or ring it up) asked for some ID so I gave it to him but then said he had to see my wifes too but she didn't have it with her so I couldn't buy it ether. So I told him to ring up the food and she could take that and then ring the beer up and I would take it. Said he couldn't do that becouse when we got out side I could just give it to her. By this time I'm starting to have fun with him my wife went off to the side with the food and cart. She is starting to laugh, about that time the manager asked her what was going on so she told her . The manager came over and I though she was going to slap the kid up side the head (but didn't) and told him to ring it up and she put it in the cart. As we were leaveing we could hear her asking how old he tough we were . I'm 62 my wife is 63 . Pretty good , all most got 86'ed from the store by a kid who can't stay out after 11:00.

The manager did come and apologise and we told her to forget it, figured he had just had some new training and was trying to do a good job.
    We go through life trying to make the best decisions we can based on the best infomation we can find, that turns out to be wrong.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by facetious View Post
    Was at our local kroger one day with the wife getting food and stuff and got some beer, when we were checking out the kid checking us out (who wasn't old enough to put the beer in the bag or ring it up) asked for some ID so I gave it to him but then said he had to see my wifes too but she didn't have it with her so I couldn't buy it ether. So I told him to ring up the food and she could take that and then ring the beer up and I would take it. Said he couldn't do that becouse when we got out side I could just give it to her. By this time I'm starting to have fun with him my wife went off to the side with the food and cart. She is starting to laugh, about that time the manager asked her what was going on so she told her . The manager came over and I though she was going to slap the kid up side the head (but didn't) and told him to ring it up and she put it in the cart. As we were leaveing we could hear her asking how old he tough we were . I'm 62 my wife is 63 . Pretty good , all most got 86'ed from the store by a kid who can't stay out after 11:00.

The manager did come and apologise and we told her to forget it, figured he had just had some new training and was trying to do a good job.
    I worked at Kroger in HS and some in college (this was nearly 30 years ago). What the cashier was doing was part of my training back then.

Chris

Boolit Master
    Ask my age? Nope, ask for my ID. Please, card me! It has been so long since I have been "carded" I need the thrill to think I look younger than the 72 I am now.

Boolit Grand Master

Have to show ID and/or give age to buy ammo but not to vote in federal election.........what a country.......

Attachment 249721
    Last edited by Larry Gibson; 10-14-2019 at 09:32 AM.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Grand Master

I guess that would not bother me much. I hardly ever buy factory ammo and then its usually 22 rimfire. I occasionally get carded when we go to a bar or brewery for drinks. I just laugh and show them my DL. I'm 62 and my beard and mustache are gray! Its a law or a rule, so I just comply.

Larry has a good point about voting!

Boolit Grand Master

I bought a Red Ryder bb gun for the grandsons Christmas present one year at wallmarts, not only had to show ID but a 4473 form on it as well.

Moderator Emeritus

That BB gun in NJ would require a current Firearm Identification card to buy. I had to do that almost 40 years ago when I bought on for my brother. In NJ a slingshot is considered a weapon of mass destruction and are illegal.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    That BB gun in NJ would require a current Firearm Identification card to buy. I had to do that almost 40 years ago when I bought on for my brother. In NJ a slingshot is considered a weapon of mass destruction and are illegal.
    I think we are just a step away from requiring a background check for a butter knife but dont worry Murphy will replace that nice ar15 with a joint so its all good ....... NOT

Boolit Master
    I just decline when Cabela’s asks for a phone number. And I always make up a birthday when asked, half the time I suggest they make up a birthdate as I’m going to anyway. They never argue with me about it.
    8500' Wet Mountain Valley, Colorado

Boolit Master

Tractor Supply wanted my ID to buy a Red Rider, not required by state law. I told the clerk that it wasn’t required by state or Federal law and I would buy it from someone that went by the laws.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Banned

not my problem, i build all my cartridges ... and i have enuf rimfire to last the end of this century

Boolit Master
    Wait til you try to buy ammo in Calif and you haven't bought a firearm in the last 6 years. Not only is it fun it is also expensive.

Boolit Buddy
    When I worked in a gun store and rang up ammo it would ask for the birth date. If I could tell the person was clearly old enough to be buying ammo I didn't ask and just entered a random date.

When Walmart asked me to see my ID for buying a can of Brake Cleaner and refused to sell it to me because I did not have an ID to show them - am 55 years young and don't look a day younger - I stopped spending my money there.

It was "their policy", nothing in the local law drives that, same for ammo. It was the last time I shopped at Walmart and I will stop shopping at any other store that requires me to show my ID just because they want it/the data on it.
    NRA Certified Instructor Pistol
    NRA Certified Instructor Metallic Cartridge Reloading
    NRA Certified Instructor Shotshell Reloading
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life member
    www.primercatcher.com

Banned

years ago, radio shack had this thing about asking for, no, *demanding* your full address and phone number every time you bought *anything*.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by flyingmonkey35 View Post
    I'm in utah. The state has some wierd laws o the books and I know them as I really do read law books.

Alcohol you need to be 21. But if you look older the 35 you do not need to be asked for id.

However if the store/bar/redturant uses the real I'd system they will ask for it every time.

Now I do not trust a system that tracks me buying alcohol at all. Or tracks me period.
    If the try to take me I'd to scan it I ask for soda instead.

Or I leave.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I have a passport card which I always present. It does not have an address on it and cannot be used to track me, my movements and buying habits. I once had a 300 pound ebonics sow inform me that it was not valid ID. I got an apology from the manager after raising a ruckus.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gibson View Post
    Have to show ID and/or give age to buy ammo but not to vote in federal election.........what a country.......

Attachment 249721

Larry,

I might add, the mexican does not provide just "ID", he must provide a voter's ID card issued by the national government which has his photo on it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast