MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLoad Data
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Repackbox Wideners

Thread: Balvar scope mount

Boolit Master

Balvar scope mount

At a gunshow this past weekend, I got a Balvar scope that requires external adjustments via the mount. The only marking I see that may indicate what it is is CG9109. The scope has rings but no mount. It is a long, straight tube with no bell on the front and I think it may be a variable. I need a mount and to find out how to adjust it. Can anybody help me? BTW Ipaid $20.00 for it as a project. I want to mount it on my full stockTalo 10-22 to make a sorta replica of a Bavarian.Jeager rifle.
    Closest recorded range Chrony kill (3 feet with witnesses)

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately
    PM sent.
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

BalVar was the name used for Bausch & Lomb variable scopes. The fixed powers were called BalFour, BalSix,etc. With no front bell it is probably 1-4.5X or so.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    B&L made scope bases and so did Kuharsky Brothers of Erie Pa. The bases were nearly identical, and there were both one and two piece. There were two types of rings, one had a spring loaded rod that held them to the base and the other had a flat spring with a star shaped "nut" to provide the tension to hold the scope to the base. Don't know if they ever were any bases to fit grooved .22 receivers. There were two cross screws on the base, one controlled elevation and the other windage. Check ebay, usually some bases and rings on there.
    Hope this helps.

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately
    Quote Originally Posted by quack1 View Post
    B&L made scope bases and so did Kuharsky Brothers of Erie Pa. The bases were nearly identical, and there were both one and two piece. There were two types of rings, one had a spring loaded rod that held them to the base and the other had a flat spring with a star shaped "nut" to provide the tension to hold the scope to the base. Don't know if they ever were any bases to fit grooved .22 receivers. There were two cross screws on the base, one controlled elevation and the other windage. Check ebay, usually some bases and rings on there.
    Hope this helps.

Indeed there were. I have one, new in the box.
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

Boolit Master
    I used Buehler Micro-Dial bases with the Balvar's I owned in the past. They need Buehler rings. Whose rings came with yours?