Snyders JerkyInline FabricationLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingWideners
Repackbox Load Data

Thread: Posted elsewhere with no results, soooo Husqvarna H 5000 stock

Boolit Master

Posted elsewhere with no results, soooo Husqvarna H 5000 stock

Searching for correct Stock Husqvarna H5000, 7 mm Mag

Title says it all what composite/plastic stock do I need to fit this barreled action.

One of those labeled 98 Mauser?
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Action screw spacing and action ring size must be checked for compatibility with available stocks. I've read that the 5000 is a 98/ small ring hybrid?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately
    TbG posted while I was typing so I have repeated some of what he said.

Well, it's been almost 50 years since I had anything to do with a Husky so take what I say with a bit of caution. If I recall correctly it was a combination of commercial small ring Mauser 98 and large ring guard screw spacing. I believe you would need to be most concerned with the guard screw spacing so probably a large ring stock would be in order but would require the gap on each side of the receiver ring to be "glassed" in. No big thing since it is not a really large gap but certainly more than one would want to leave unfilled.

Chances are you could go the Richards Microfit Stock site and you could get enough information as to what would fit. Richards does not sell plastic stocks but they do make a jillion variations for most popular rifles in all sorts of wood. I don't know why you want plastic but if it's for weight, that is one thing, if it is for strength and stability the wood laminate is hard to beat, although a bit heavy. You would be able to order just about any combination of wood and style your heart desired and it would be 99% inlet for a proper fit for your rifle.

I have used several of their stock over the years and have been very satisfied with their products.
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

If your Husqvarna 5000 rifle is stamped "Husky", it's a standard Mauser 98 that was imported by Tradewinds over 40 years ago.

Here's the critical dimensions of your rifle's action that you'll need when contacting a stock maker:

•Center to Center of Action Screws: 7-7/8"
    •Front Receiver Ring Diameter: 1-3/8"
    •Overall Length of Floor Plate: 8-11/16"

Here's a stock:

https://www.boydsgunstocks.com/gunst...bc-2f4081g18zz

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Buddy
    Well yes, no and maybe.

You will find 4 basic Husky/HVA actions

They were all ready making the M38 Mauser so they simply made more of the small ring M96/38 actions with a solid left side wall
    They also redid many Mil M96 and M98 actions after the war
    I have seen these called the 46, and 640 type

From 1949 to 1955 they Simply used a FN commerical large ring 98 Mauser, the normal 98 Mauser bolt stop, and the Husky Logo on the top of the front receiver ring with NO scope mounting holes
    The normal 7.835" center to center guard screw spacing and a normal M98 type steel guard.
    This is normally called the Hi Power model

Then in 1955 they brought out, and made their Improved Mauser action, which is a small ring Mauser, with a small square pivoted bolt stop on the left side, and a intergal machine base for a sliding side safety for the trigger on the right side of the rear tang. Flat bottomed like the M98 actions. The early ones had a steel trigger guard, with a hinged floor plate.
    A M98 type bolt with a guide rib, and third safety lug in front of the bolt handle, but the M96 type extractor set up

The later ones had a alloy trigger guard with a much wider hinged area at the front screw.
    The guard screw spacing is the same as the M98, 7.835"
    These Improved Mausers were called many models, I have seen them as 1600, 3000, and 4000 models.

Then in the early 70's they started making/using what is called the FFV type.
    It is a complex cross of several actions, it has a round receiver like the Rem 700,but a intergal recoil lug.
    No visable bolt stop, as the sear/trigger unit works as the bolt stop by riding in a groove in the bottom of the bolt body
    A side safety is built into the trigger unit, and the odd part is the front bolt lugs are set up on a dovetail system when viewed from the face.
    No safety lug simply the bolt handle and front locking lugs
    A alloy guard as well and they kept the wider front hinged area, BUT since the receiver is round the sides of the guard come up to guide the shells into the feed rails, the guard screw spacing is the same as the M98 7.835"
    I have seen this model call the 6000, and 9000 type

Was able to update some info this morning
    Hope this helps.

JW
    Last edited by James Wisner; 10-12-2019 at 09:35 AM. Reason: update info

Boolit Master

ThANKS to ONE AND ALL!

Off to do some measuring.
    Wood stock that came with it is not much and someone TRIED to repoint the checkering.
    I had it some 15 years before I ever got around to putting a scope mount on it and probably more then 5 later years before I put the scope on it.
    I have shot the gun almost a thousand times, but ONLY boolits.
    I have to say it is a fun plinker
    Thinking I will see if it will sling coated projies as well and hunt with it this fall.
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!