RepackboxInline FabricationADvertise hereMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan Reloading

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C-More M26 Shotgun

Boolit Buddy
    I have tried a card wad but no difference. There is about 2cc of Farex under the ball as a cup and looking at the inside of the wad I can not see any sign of it cupping around the ball. This test was with the 690 ball that was too tight to push by hand. I expected to see wad damage.
    We cant get Red or Green Dot. According to the ADI powder equivalent chart Trailboss is with Bullseye between Red and Green Dot.
    I have Trailboss and Unique. The latter a bit faster than my WSF.
    I have read some use the slower SR4756 which is equivalent to our AP 100 but I dont have either ATM.

Boolit Master
    Those wads still look like they are barely touched, that bore must be huge on that gun. What was the actual diameter of the balls from the .690" mold, and what alloy did you cast them with?

With a ball of only 1 1/8 ounce, I think the faster the powder you can get, the better. I'm not sure if trailboss has much use in shotguns though. I've never tried WSF. Unique is worth a try. I'm seeing charges from 22 to 24 grains being safe with pretty much any primer in a federal gold medal hull.

One trick to gain some diameter I've seen mentioned is to roll the ball between a couple of rattail files to knurl it. This only needs to be done around a small circumference of the ball. If you are not already doing so, load the balls sprue facing up to the crimp.

I can't find any info on what thread the choke tube is. Take a picture of the choke tube, and measure the OD of the threads, and the distance from the base, to the start of the threads as best as you can. I can compare and see if they match an american thread like Remchoke, Winchoke, etc.

Boolit Buddy
    Sorry, forgot to measure the ball.
    The choke is .810 across the threads and the mouth is .723
    I wrote to C-More about the chokes and they said it is their own and wont be making any others. In a pinch I will cut a couple of inches off and use the MansonClick image for larger version. 

Name:	diana 01.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	259240 choke install tools I have here to ream and thread for Win/Invector chokes. The thread on this is finer than the Invector
    Going to try these cheap Diana trap loads. Cut the fold crimp off put in 3.1 cc of Farex, pressed in the .690 RB and did a roll crimp.
    See what happens tomorrow.

PS. Just went and measured a ball. Its .694
    One would think at that the wads would show more sign through that .723 hole.
    Last edited by Keith; 03-28-2020 at 02:13 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12