WidenersLee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hunter bags rare antlered doe: 'Deer of a lifetime'

Boolit Master
    She thounds tho very butch. . .

Boolit Man

Gents,

I shot a bearded hen turkey several years ago.

Spotting the short, "shaving brush" of a beard poking from the bird's breast feathers, I thought I was "squeezing off" on a nice, tender, young jake.

But -- on second glance, up close -- that poor, scrawny old bird reminded me of the little, withered, 100-year-old ladies in black dresses who seem to populate photographs from the rugged lands of southeastern Europe.

And, the bird was pure disappointment on the table, having the toughest meat I've ever encountered, save for that of an ancient woodchuck I gunned as a boy. It was really "unchewable."

Happy trails,

-- Cary Gunn --

Boolit Master

I had a buddy I worked with for quite a few years. He and I chased various game at times. Over the weekend, he had bagged a nice buck, and brought in pictures as he was pretty proud. We were in a board meeting waiting for the next presentation. I said, "didn't you get a deer this weekend?" he proudly said "Yes I did!" I quickly replied, "Show everyone that doe you shot and used 'Lee Press-On Horns." He looked pretty disgusted at me but we all had a good laugh.

Yes, it was a buck and a dandy at that. Unfortunately for him everyone took turns clowning him even though he was a good and successful hunter. Once, a few guys drove up the mountain but it wasn't legal daylight. He got out and went to the side of the road to get rid of some processed coffee. There he is peeing over the side of the road. The bear he was peeing on was none too happy and growled at him before climbing up the grade. He ran to the truck, bear not really close behind, and he still hadn't gotten his pants situated. Just as he gets to the truck his hunting partner looked at him, smiled, and locked the doors. We had more than a few laughs at his escapades and sometimes misfortune.
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!

Boolit Bub
    Back in the day when I as involved with deer control in UK I came across a few Roe deer does with antlers, a pal of mine once accidentally shot one as a cull buck as the antlers were very poor. Interestingly, I never ever saw one of them with a 'young un' when all the other does had them?

Boolit Buddy
    https://www.petersenshunting.com/edi...red-doe/273259

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	psoantleredoe-300x230.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	257254

This doe was killed in 2011 close to my home town. Bass pro offered him like $25,000 for it.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomR View Post
    https://www.petersenshunting.com/edi...red-doe/273259

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	psoantleredoe-300x230.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	257254

This doe was killed in 2011 close to my home town. Bass pro offered him like $25,000 for it.
    Been me? Sold! If I’d get to visit it and show her off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12