WidenersInline FabricationReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Snyders Jerky Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New scale needed

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Conditor22 View Post
    looks like the Frankford arsenal --- good reviews

High Accuracy Mini Electronic Digital Pocket Scale Jewelry Diamond Gold Coin Calibration Weighing Balance Portable 500G/0.01G Counting Function Blue LCD
    $7.99 Prime FREE Delivery & FREE Returns
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0736QWVT2...v_ov_lig_dp_it
    That .01 gram is .1 grain Again, 10X less sensitive than the better one in my video. You gotta watch that. The better ones are out there, and under $25. The will say .001 G.
    I see the exact one I have is available on eBay now for $14.99 delivered. It looks like a "Gemini" but is a no name unit.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Traffer View Post
    That .01 gram is .1 grain Again, 10X less sensitive than the better one in my video. You gotta watch that. The better ones are out there, and under $25. The will say .001 G.
    I see the exact one I have is available on eBay now for $14.99 delivered. It looks like a "Gemini" but is a no name unit.
    I have read your previous post and have taken what you have said into consideration. Unfortunately I don’t do much on evilbay And I shy away from no name electronic. Every time I’ve purchased one ( off any type) they have been way more trouble than they are worth. Just me. But that’s the way I am.
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Boolit Master
    I use the BallistiScale 1500 from Ballistic Products for an electronic scale.It works well and is currently on sale for $24.88 on the BP website.I also use the Redding No 2 and Lyman Ohaus M5 balance beam scales.

Boolit Master
    I think that all the reloading OEM electronic scales are pretty much the same. I’ve had Hornady’s original battery powered G-1500 scale and their electronic bench scale for years and both line up with any of my beam scales. The battery powered one is a bit irritating as it shuts off and the bench scale stays plugged in and on all the time.
    I don’t know what kind of reloading you do but they work fine for what I do as I’m not trying to get to .0001 of a grain of powder like some do.

Banned

well ... if yer working up a load for a small cartridge (case) then yes, having a scale that will work well (fast, accurate, cheap) do kinda make sense. no one needs .0001 or .001 grain (not grams) consistent accuracy. 1/10th grain would be nice but that's no where near as accurate as having a +/- .02 grains "fudge factor". some very very accurate powder charges can be made with a .02 grain (.001 gram) scale.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12