Inline FabricationRepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
ADvertise hereWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If aliens exist would that affect your religious beliefs?

Would not bother me a bit. I tend to think that if God created us then why would he only create us? For non-believers, if something crawled out of our goo then why would that goo not happen elsewhere. To many planets and stars for us to be it!

And yes... someday something or someone will land here.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by salpal48 View Post
    Since man has created the term " God". therefore there is no such person or entity.. There is Then no explanation necessary
    I feel extremely sorry for you if you truly believe the statement you posted. Man did not create the term God, God created man; the frail, weak minded, sinful, undeserving of His Grace and Mercy beings that we are. I hope and pray that you find the real truth before it’s too late because Hell is real my friend and Eternity is a long, long time. Praying for you Salpal.
    Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post
    There is but one God, Creator of the Heavens and Earth.

Tim
    This is the truth.

Boolit Buddy
    satan can do many things that will make someone question their faith in God

Quote Originally Posted by a danl View Post
    satan can do many things that will make someone question their faith in God
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbore99
    I believe they very well could be interdimensional demons. Sent here by the master of lies, satan himself. "Let no man decieve you"
    My two cents' worth, if I may.

The Bible, or Genesis, is not the chronichle of ALL Creation, it is the chronichle of Creation according to the Jewish tradition, which, incidentally, is historically not the oldest tradition ever.
    The Jewish tradition originates from the Sumerian tradition, because Abram was a Sumerian (Genesis says so at Ge_12:1)
    Egyptian, Hindu and Chinese traditions are also extremely ancient.

All of them tell of the Creation of this Earth and the Creation of the Civilization that tells the story.
    No tradition ever will tell the story "God created those guys, too, over there, but we're over here".
    I'm not being funny, nor sarcastic, nor disrespectful, but very, very objective.
    Every single tradition tells the story of that specific civilization, regardless of the many other civilizations present.

So, I would not be surprised if, one day, we were to meet "big/little ... green/pink/polkadot men".

After all... who are we to tell God what he could or could not create? It's His creation, we're just the created ones... amongst only He knows how many more...

Parting shot: before 1492, did anyone even consider there might be the Amazon with all those exotic animals... or Australia with kangaroos?
    Had we described a Platypus in the Middle Ages, we would have been laughed at; yet we know they exist, today, because we have discovered "a New World"
    The same applies to Space Exploration, many fold over.
    I wouldn't be surprised if we were to be the discovered ones...

Boolit Bub
    In the beginning Man created God in his own image!
    That started the my gods better/bigger than yours and If you don't believe in mine you're wrong thinking.
    All religions are about people control.
    Bill

Not me GOD is the KING nothing will ever make me believe any other way

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wwmartin View Post
    All religions are about people control.
    Bill
    Goodness. You need to rethink that.

What do you believe motivated the apostles and early church to cling to their religion in the face of grizzly deaths, often including the deaths of their families; do you actually believe those people chose that path in order to "control people"?

Boolit Buddy
    This question really depends on what you believe. The discovery of alien life would do nothing to change the beliefs of those who follow the bible religiously, simply because the answer to everything is always the bible. Everything, everywhere, was created by god, no if's, and's, or but's........it just was. And, if you don't believe that, you're in for a world of hurt.

Others with a less stringent belief would probably be quite curious about these newly discovered aliens, and actually might turn more to god as a result of their terror upon realizing that these aliens just might have them for dinner.

Boolit Buddy
    I take my theology right from Larry Normans song, UFO:

And if there's life on other planets
    Then I'm sure that He must know
    And He's been there once already
    And has died to save their souls

Why not ask them what they believe and take it from there?
    "Adults are the children and the children are the adults" Jules my wife.

All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife. — Daniel Boone

Democracy is defended in 3 stages: Ballot Box, Jury Box, Cartridge Box. — Ambrose Bierce

A system of licensing and registration is the perfect device to deny gun ownership to the bourgeoisie. — Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

Black Rifles Matter

NRA Life Member, SAF Member, GOA Member, TFA Member

No. It dose not shake my belief.

What shakes my belief is that other people kill others in the name of god because they can only see one path.

Killing in the name of god is the biggest oxymoron out thier.

If your religion teaches you to hate / fear / punish/ ostracize/ other Faith's you need to re-think your religion and life choices.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

90 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Being the spiritual old testament sort , not Jewish , and able to accept science on a scale that makes it compatible with religion . Whos to say a God day isn't a billion years ? If a God day is , then science fits . Because science fits who's to say the dinos weren't a first run ? Ok enough throwing rocks . Other life out there ? Heck yeah . Even if it is purely by chance with 27 Billion other stars there's a good chance for at least 100 other populations .

If one were a pure science sort then the answer is really very simple . There's a very equal probability that we are a natural phenomenon or a science experiment or a moldy blop of goo in the back of a fridge . Viola' now you believe in a greater being . God wins again .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master

Harter66

You are right

God always wins....
    Don Verna

NRA Endowment Member

Boolit Master
    NO sir.
    We Know Mass Cannot Be Weighed But It Has Newtonian Weight And That Is Derived From Kilograms And Kilograms Can Be Converted to Pounds. But, Still Mass Cannot Be Weighed. But How is the kilograms obtained? Can Kilograms Be Weighed? Evidentally Yes It Can. But, Still Mass Cannot Be Weighed So Kilograms Must Not Exist. Funny Isn't It.
    One good thing out of this the next time I'm at the doctors and they want to weigh me I'll tell them mass cannot be weighed.

Boolit Master
    No, it would not change my beliefs a bit. If other life is found and I expect it will be, it only confirms what I have long suspected that God has more going on that just Earth.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Mold
    Lots of speculation here of course. But if we come at it from a common root of Judeo /Christian/Muslem belief structure. There is but one true God. He created everything , material and immaterial . He did create man in his own image . This is unique amongst his creations. He chose to give us free will and being able to make choices gave us the option to refuse His love . Hence the need for Christ's intervention and sacrifice to bring us back into his bosom .
    Aliens if they exist would be just one other creation of Gods. No different than rocks,trees,cats and dogs. Unless God chose to reveal himself to them as an intelligent creation of his they would probably have no more chance of what we perceive to be Heaven than a beloved pet .
    We had no choice in the issue. We cannot choose our parents. BUT again we are told by scripture that we have the choice to accept or deny that we were unique in being created in His image . Free will and the acceptance of the blood sacrifice of Christ follow.
    Everything else is but a distraction from this important differance in all of God's creation.

Boolit Master

I read no where that Lucifers power was reduced or taken away from him after his fall from heaven. Lucifer had/has great power especially in light and music.
    Many of the objects involving lighted space craft ,I believe are from the devil. After all the devil "walks to and fro seeking who he may devour". So the devil stays busy. I am sure the devil can make you see things that are not there. The man in the tombs was not civilized, burnt himself and could break chains.
    We/ I don't know the power of the devil and his angels but I am sure his is doing everything he can to make people deny that there is no God..
    The aliens are fallen angels and have powers outside our laws of science and physics.

Boolit Master

The possible existence of intelligent life outside of earth or the beings we know as angels, is theologically fascinating. Perhaps there is a race of people like us (i.e., made in God's image) that did not fall. We just don't know at this point.

Unlike those religious clowns that got all worked up when someone suggested the earth is not the center of the solar system or universe, I know the Bible makes no claims about our exclusiveness or preeminence in God's entire creation. The existence of aliens would not shake my faith even if one showed up at my door and proclaimed itself an atheist.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Harter66 View Post
    Even if it is purely by chance with 27 Billion other stars there's a good chance for at least 100 other populations .
    There are hundreds of billions of stars in the Milky Way. Astronomers estimate there are one billion trillion stars in the universe (that's a 1 with 21 zeros following it). God is much bigger in presence, wisdom and power than we can imagine.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast