RotoMetals2ADvertise hereTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWideners

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If aliens exist would that affect your religious beliefs?

Boolit Buddy

If aliens exist would that affect your religious beliefs?

I believe in alien life and sooner or later expect it to be proven. If planet earth was visited by alien life forms would this affect any of your religious beliefs?

Not me...Who's to say God didn't make aliens too...

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by eric123 View Post
    Not me...Who's to say God didn't make aliens too...
    Ditto. Not anything you could possibly imagine that would even begin to erode my faith. That's what faith is.
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

To me, it seems kind of arrogant of us humans to think that God created this entire universe and only put beings on one tiny rock. But, if he did create planets with other beings on them, they are just as sinful and just as much in need of a savior as us.
    "Nothing is more uncommon than common sense." Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Master
    who's to say the aliens arent playing god?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lefty o View Post
    who's to say the aliens arent playing god?
    Its a logical thought. By that logic though, it would still lead back to God. If they are "playing God", would they not be emulating the actions of God, therefore making the aliens and us creatures of God?

Boolit Master
    The Word of God talks about two distinct levels of beings having been created: angels and men. Now, believers know that some of the angels followed Lucifer in his rebellion against our Creator. They operate in a spiritual dimension which men very rarely have glimpses of. But I can't find anywhere in the Bible that says the rebellious angels are restricted from entering our physical existence in order to deceive fallen man. I just figure they are engaged in combat with the Lord of Host's army to the extent that they have very little time to mess with us. Maybe there is a portion of them detailed to perform tricks to deceive and blind men who have not been born from above. Remember, these men are rebels, too. The whole bunch (rebellious angels and rebellious men) wind up in the lake. Satan knows that his time is short.
    There are only two kinds of men:

1. Those who know Jesus Christ is both Creator and Sovereign Lord.

2. Those about to learn that Jesus Christ is both Creator and Sovereign Lord.

Boolit Master
    The Word of God talks about two distinct levels of beings having been created: angels and men. Now, believers know that some of the angels followed Lucifer in his rebellion against our Creator. They operate in a spiritual dimension which men very rarely have glimpses of. But I can't find anywhere in the Bible that says the rebellious angels are restricted from entering our physical existence in order to deceive fallen man. I just figure they are engaged in combat with the Lord of Host's army to the extent that they have very little time to mess with us. Maybe there is a portion of them detailed to perform tricks to deceive and blind men who have not been born from above. Remember, these men are rebels, too. The whole bunch (rebellious angels and rebellious men) wind up in the lake. Satan knows that his time is short.

If I were to meet an alien life form my very first question would be "do you know our Creator?"

Boolit Master
    Sorry, guys ; not sure what I did wrong.

Boolit Buddy
    Sadly people tend to worry about things they have no control over, i'm just happy the sun comes up.

Boolit Master
    Perhaps God only lets us here on Earth know what we need to know.

Way off yonder somewhere there could possibly be a lifeform that needs to know something else......

Beam me up Scotty.......
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master

If intelligent alien life is proven. My guess there would be plenty of new cult religions forming. If you can believe Betty Hill’s testimony. In her communication with the alien, she claimed the alien was confused when she asked about god or a supreme being. Something I read way back in the early 80’s. A man claiming to have been in a similar situation as the Hills. Also claimed to have confused the alien when he asked if Jesus Christ ever walked on his planet.

Jumping a bit off subject. Twice for sure and possibly three times I’ve seen UFO’s. There isn’t anything anybody can say will ever convince me that they are not real or some kind of BS anomaly. With the recent release of the UFO video by the US Navy. I get the feeling the US govt is close to admitting the presence of UFO’s not from our planet.

In short answering the OP’s original question. Being raised Catholic with the Vatican about the same time as the Italian govt claiming intelligent existence beyond our planet is highly likely. I don’t believe it will change my faith.

Boolit Buddy
    Conceit is a sin, isnít it?
    Pretty conceited of us to think we are the center of the universeóor Godís attention. Our own solar system is about 2/3 out from the center of our own galaxy, which is, itself, part of a local supercluster of galaxies in our region of space.
    Andromeda will collide with the Milky Way in about 4.5 billion years from now, throwing everything in both galaxies into chaos...which will be a moot point for planet earth because thatís also when our sun will run out of fuel and expand to engulf the earth before collapsing into a red dwarf.
    If there is in fact a God, and if he/it does in fact have a plan for the universe, rest assured short-sighted and self-centered human beings ainít in it.
    R/Griff

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dangitgriff View Post
    Andromeda will collide with the Milky Way in about 4.5 billion years from now, throwing everything in both galaxies into chaos...which will be a moot point for planet earth because thatís also when our sun will run out of fuel and expand to engulf the earth before collapsing into a red dwarf.
    If there is in fact a God, and if he/it does in fact have a plan for the universe, rest assured short-sighted and self-centered human beings ainít in it.
    R/Griff
    I don't know why people think the sun expanding in billions of years is the end of us, as if were gonna just sit on the same rock forever with exponentially increasing technology. the only point were in danger is right now, before we colonize anyplace else. we just gotta protect the earth for a couple hundred years and were good.

as for aliens with so many military sightings of objects and the govt don't seem to be trying to hide it anymore it seems there is something. since the objects have a type of engine that seems physically impossible now its hard to say if its alien for sure, it might just be tech we discover in 5 years and some other county is testing it now. either way it will be fun to see what happens.

Boolit Master

I believe God did not start or stop His creations with earth.

I also believe He is not perfect, and learned from his "mistakes" with each iteration of creation.
    Don Verna

NRA Endowment Member

Boolit Master
    -no!-

None of you guys watch Ancient Aliens on History channel?

I don't think there is any question that we have been visited in the past, most likely are still being visited. In fact some would say the Govt is in collusion with some of those aliens. Reverse engineering their tech, etc. Bob Lazar's testomony rings true to me.

But to me that does not touch the Lord God Almighty, maker of heaven and earth. King of Kings, Lord of Lords.

Personaly I lean in the direction that most of these visitations are not visters traveling across interstellar space. But those crossing dimensions in our own space. I have seen a video where 4 small craft come screaming from somewhere. Take up a formation, a portal opens and a big mother ship comes through. Portal closes, and the 4 small ships rejoin the mother ship. And POOF they are gone.

Think about it, if you are going to adbuct someone out of their own house. The ability to control dimensional shift would allow you to appoach, shift into our dimension. Immobilise and transport victim. All with no fuss, sound, or excitement. In theory it could also be done with time. Being a few seconds out of phase would make them disappear from our sight. Yet they are still there, just a couple of seconds in our past or future.

None of this IMO deny's The Lord God Almighty, his son Jesus the Christ or the Holy Spirit in my opinion.
    There could well be some reorganization among churches. "First Church of the Way" has a nice ring to it.

If there was only "one true way" why do we have so many religions, churchs, brances, sects?

I suspect the Lord expects us to listen to him and find our way through those traps and snares.
    Or I could be a totally deluded country boy without a clue. Either are possible.

Boolit Master
    "Space Aliens" are of no matter to my faith; why should they be?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by azrednek View Post
    Jumping a bit off subject. Twice for sure and possibly three times I’ve seen UFO’s. There isn’t anything anybody can say will ever convince me that they are not real or some kind of BS anomaly. With the recent release of the UFO video by the US Navy. I get the feeling the US govt is close to admitting the presence of UFO’s not from our planet.
    I agree, and have recently watched those videos again as well as a long podcast from Joe Rogen.
    https://youtu.be/Eco2s3-0zsQ

The credibility of the Navy CO is without doubt. If you get some free time watch it.

Ezekiel seen the wheel in the sky.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...19&version=NIV
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ďIf someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.Ē
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast