Lee PrecisionInline FabricationSnyders JerkyWideners
RepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad DataReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What is the last gun you sold and why?

Boolit Master
    Why would you sell a gun? I did give #1 son a sporterized 03A3 so he woukd have a reasonable Deer gun . Also swaped a Mossberg 3" pump shot gun for a Swedish Mauser that my brother had but didn' use anymore. Keep guns in the family.

Boolit Buddy
    Rem 700 SPS tactical in .308. Got into long range shooting and discovered that what I was already doing with short range and my own cast boolits was a heck of a lot more fun. And just as challenging depending on gun, sights used, and boolit type.

Boolit Grand Master

T/C 6.5 Creedmore with a 3x9 Bushnell. Didn't have time to mess with it and a guy at work needed a rifle for deer season.

Keep guns in the family. None of the step's are interested and my bio family is all gone
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

I said I was going to find and buy a Remington 721 in 30-06. Well I found one at a good price and it should be here by Monday or Tuesday. The stock has a couple of skinned places in it but I can refinish stocks and it will be my "winter" project. Will shoot it to evaluate it but from what I have seen and read in the past, the 721's have been very accurate rifles from the factory. Made from 1948 to 1961 when the re-badged 700 was introduced. The 700 has a cosmetically improved stock, s different trigger and hinged floor plate. I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. james

Boolit Master
    I havent sold the rifle yet, but am trying to! Lol!

Why am I selling it?

Because 1-3/4”to 2-1/2” average groups is no where near what I expect of a single shot rifle in my collection.
    This rifle is chambered in 35 Whelan! Love the caliber.

I have tried a massive number of combinations, and nothing helps reduce the average group size down enough to encourage me.

This is the third Ruger number 1 I have had that wont shoot sub- 1-1/4” at 100! I am done with them! I love the styling of the model, but not its performance.

I have done everything to the fore end, including glass bedding it.

The biggest issue this last rifle has is vertical stringing.

I picked up a Browning B-78, in 30-06 a few months ago, in about 95% mint condition, and it shoots under an inch with everything I feed it!

Between these two models, there is no contest which shoots the best! I have three of the B-78’s and a 1885 BPCR. They all shoot this way. Love em!

Bye bye Ruger number one! DARN IT!
    Last edited by Dthunter; 11-06-2019 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Adding details

Boolit Buddy
    Does trading count? Traded my Springfield Professional for a 1982 HK P7.

Otherwise before that I sold a lightly used G20sf to a friend of mine because it just felt like a 2x4 in my hand.

Last one I sold was a Dan Wesson 44 Mag back in 1985 because I got hungry and had to eat. Only weapon I have ever sold and wish I could have kept it.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Buddy
    Plainfield m1 carbine because I acquired an inland usgi and didn't need 2.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    A Beretta nano that shot a foot high at 10 yards. I sold it to my buddy to buy a Ruger American 450 bushmaster that I just sent back into Ruger because of non stop issues for a 450BM scout model. If my nano hit point of him I would’ve never got rid of it. The pistol fit perfectly in my pocket for conceal and carry but at 15 yards I would’ve had to aim at the knees to hit an attacker center mass. Two duds in a row hopefully the scout will be a good one.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 11-08-2019 at 11:26 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234