MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2WidenersRepackbox
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingLoad Data
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the last gun you sold and why?

Boolit Master
    Sold a Glock 19 and an AR-15. Needed to raise some cash to purchase my Grandads GMC Jimmy full size. Don't regret it at all. Love the truck.

Boolit Master

Springfield Trapdoor 1884 Rifle made 1889.

Perfect Bore. Had fitted it with a higher front sight so I could shoot 420grainers and 100yds dead on POA with light charges of Unique.
    Broke My Heart, but another Cowboy Shooter with more money then brains wanted it for an outrageous price and I needed the money.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Master

My last gun sold for cash was a Chinese clone of the military configuration 1897 Winchester shotgun along with a crusty US 1917 Enfield bayonet. I listed it on Backpage looking for trades for large bore S&W revolvers. I got a cash offer I just couldn’t refuse.

Boolit Master

Remington 700 BDL manufactured 1982. Varmint barrel 308.

I didn't want to sell but he kept throwing money at me.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.

Banned

A Webley-Fosbury automatic revolver in 455! I sold it for an unbelievable amount of money!

Glock 43 to raise funds for Sig P365. I sell guns all the time though. I buy them mostly always used, shoot them a while, then when something else catches my eye, I’ll sell one or more to offset the cost of the new toy. I have a few in my collection that were passed down and a few that are registered with the alphabet boys (which makes it more of a hassle to transfer) that will be with my till the end of my time. I got a few others that I’ve customized past the point that I could ever see a reasonable return on my investment so I’ll probably always have them. Everything else is subject to trade fodder.

A 1978 walnut stocked Ruger 10/22 I bought from a member here. Trigger reach was too long and it hurt my hand to shoot for any length of time. I tried a newer 10/22 and it had the same long trigger reach so figured unless I went with an aftermarket stock I wouldn't get the length I needed and I didn't want to chop it up. Sold it to the gunsmith for what I had in it and he's got it marked 270.00. Hope someone keeps it stock.

Boolit Master
    I have a bunch more I should sell. I've sold a few here in the past. Wife wants me to thin things out as she thinks I'll go DOA before she does and she doesn't want to deal with this stuff!

Boolit Master

I didn't sell it but I gave my son-in-law a Ruger Security Six. It had maybe 100 rounds through it. It was a 4" blue finish.
    He needed a gun as he carries money to the bank for deposit and rides UTV's quite often through the woods alone.

Boolit Master
    About three years ago I cleaned out my stash of guns as we moved to a smaller place. The last ones to go were a Colt 1903 (refinished as some point) and a Browning Buckmark. They were two that I liked, but, I didn't take them to the range anymore. The 1903 was a really nice shooter, but, the little .32 brass was hard to find at the range and, IMHO, it was too small a cartridge in too larger a pistol to carry.

The one I regret selling was a nice little SP101 that was my field gun.

Boolit Buddy
    I hate to sell once I've got one in the house. Lately I gave a Redhawk 44mag to the son-in-law to pop snakes while on the tractor. And the daughter got a Savage 111 in 223 for the range. This afternoon I'm planning on taking a Marlin 444S to the LGS to see if I can work up a reasonable trade for a 44mag lever gun. The deer here in AL are a bit small for the 444. I see mention of folks selling here on the forum. That never crossed my mind.

I haven't sold many lately but I have thinned the herd by giving some to my son and two grandsons. I have traded some TC barrels. Since Ohio deer hunting laws have changed I did trade for a encore 45-70 .Might pickup a 450 bushmaster.

Boolit Master
    Sold a XD 40 V10 to a relative who’s a district judge. Seems that 1 of his customers had been upset with him. He wanted to upgrade in fire power from his .357. Didn’t really want to sell but he needs it more than I did.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    I wanted my Marlin 36G to go to a good home so I sold it here on the forum.
    That’s a good thing to do.

Boolit Bub
    An early S&W 32SWL hand ejector. The sights and grip were just too small for me. Beautiful gun in fantastic condition for its age, but it was just sitting in the back of the safe. Since I have a K32 that I *can* shoot, I sold the other to a friend who would appreciate it.

Before that, I traded a blued 5.5" Redhawk 44mag for a 4" S&W 25-5 in 45Colt that was reportedly unfired (looked like it too). I remedied the unfired part real quick.

Chris

Boolit Master

Not a good answer but as a retired 07 FFL holder I can say no IDEA. Absolutely none that needed an FFL since, but I do sell antiques I have played with restoration so I can buy the next victim!

I've owned just a few short of 100 firearms in my life. Not counting the ones I've owned twice, or three times. I'm reluctant to sell now. With my house burning down, I've had some changes in my way of thinking. I pretty much keep what I get now. I have less than 10 firearms, so if I sell any there is a gap until I buy a replacement.

Kimber government 82, bought a Winchester model 52 and didn't need 3 target 22's. Still have another Kimber. Scope on it, irons on the 52.

Moderator Emeritus

For me, it was a (Hialeah, Florida) Universal M1 Carbine. I had bought it way back when, at the time I HAD (lots of friends had M1 carbines) to have one, and the price was 1/3rd what military was going for. A not-too distant shop recently had a handgun I was drooling over, and they both went down a few dollars on revolver price, and gave me more than I paid for my carbine -- so, it was one deal (maybe my one and only?) where I don't believe I took a licken'. (It took shop almost four months to pass on the Hialeah Universal -- Universal's worst rendition -- and I dare not ask what they lowered the price on it to execute the sale)
    g

Sold a lee enfield mk4 no1 to a co worker after he borrowed it for a hunting trip where he got two dear with it in one day although I took the scope from it put it on a Remington 788 with a custom 22-250 barrel I gave to my sister and took the scope off that one and put it on my Remington 788 308 both 788s drive tacks

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast