MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
WidenersRepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication

Thread: What are prices usually for the automated lube sizers?

Boolit Buddy

What are prices usually for the automated lube sizers?

Iv been thinking about buying a used automated lube sizer. What's the going price for one now days?

Boolit Master
    You could start with a Star or Magma lubesizer and upgrade it over time to automation with boolit feeders and air supply for lube pressure. Used ones start around $250 or so.

Boolit Buddy
    I have a star sizer. I was thinking about magma lubemaster. What's a used one cost?
    Do they sell kits to make star sizes fully automated?

I have an older Magma Lube Master, but I feed it what comes out of my Magma Bullet Master.

The principal sounds simple, just drop bullets into the machine and they get fed through it and sized and lubed automatically. It's not really that simple, since you need a bullet collator to feed the machine, unless you're going to feed it from tubes, which I don't recommend, since it takes so much time to fill the tubes, plus the cost of tubes, etc.

With my Lube Master, the biggest headache is the M-A Systems collator. It has to be adjusted for each bullet, and even when adjusted properly, you'll still get bullets fed upside down/backwards. When that happens, it messes up two bullets, the one fed improperly and the one right above it, since lube goes where it's not supposed to on one, and doesn't go on the other.

My machines are older machines, and I'm the third owner that I know of. The last owner wasn't the best at maintenance, to say the least, and it took a lot of adjusting, cleaning and messing with them to get them working.

I'm sure you've looked at Magma's site and seen what new machines cost. My guess would be that an older used Lube Master would run roughly half the cost of a new one, depending on condition. I've seen fairly new Lube Masters advertised for almost what a new one cost, so it depends on who's selling it and the age and condition.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm really thinking about a lube master and adding a Mr. Bulletfeeder pro on it. Where Do you usually find used ones at? I use Hi-Tek so no need of lube. Im also thinking of automating my star sizer if need be but dont know if there are kits for it.

It would depend on the volume you need. One Lube Master is supposed to keep up with two Bullet Masters. I suppose if everything was working optimally, it might, but I've found that mine needs constant attention. Bullets get caught, go in the wrong way, etc. You need to catch those things before they cause problems.

As for finding a used one, it's usually going to be a commercial caster that wants to retire, couldn't make a living at it, ill health or a number of other reasons. The casual caster doesn't really have a need for one, so hobbyists are very seldom a source for these machines.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.