RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLee Precision
WidenersReloading EverythingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox

Thread: Group buy for brass

Group buy for brass

Is is possible to do a group buy for brass, and if so how does one set it up and get it going. I am running out of 25-20 wcf and I know it can be made from 32-20, but I would like original head stamped brass. I know Remington still sells load shells for the 25-20 so maybe ask them about a group buy. Starline or Winchester use to make them, so maybe they would consider doing a run if enough people were interested. Just need to know how to go about it. Any help is welcome.

If you'll accept a guess, I'd stock up on ammo and bide your time. It wasn't that long ago that Graf's had brass made up. I expect them to take the roll of odd caliber brass supplier since it appears that they have been successful in selling loaded ammo and brass.

Just checked starline in stock.

https://www.starlinebrass.com/32-20-brass/
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerat View Post
    Just checked starline in stock.

https://www.starlinebrass.com/32-20-brass/
    Was not looking for 32-20, I want to find 25-20 wcf brass or someone who makes it.

Sorry Uncle Jimbo, saw 32-20 first and made bad decision on my search. I'll keep my eyes open as I browse for 25-20 and let ya know if I find any.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Grand Master

It's worth a try but don't be surprised if the minimum is run is 50,000 rounds or more.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Grand Master
    I would likely contact one of the smaller suppliers. Questions:

Is there a time of year when they have excess capacity for a special run?
    What are the price breaks at different production quantities? ie, 25k, 50k, 100k cases
    How will it be packaged? Units of 100, 250, 500?
    Would they require payment before production?
    Don Verna

Quote Originally Posted by Minerat View Post
    Sorry Uncle Jimbo, saw 32-20 first and made bad decision on my search. I'll keep my eyes open as I browse for 25-20 and let ya know if I find any.
    It's all good.

Boolit Buddy
    If someone were to do this I would definitely be in for 500-1000.

Boolit Master

Maybe if we all keep bugging Starline to make 25-20 they will wake up and smell the $.

Don’t know how much you want but check this out.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-WCF-new-Brass

Banned

Check the unread posts...........someone is selling new 25/20 brass!

I am surprised that this thread is still going.
    I did talk to Winchester, Remington and tried to talk to Starline about it. Winchester said they were not interested at all, Remington stated that they do not sell directly to the public. And that a class 3 ffl doesn't count. Starline would never talk to me about it. When I did get to talk to someone, I was rerouted to someone else, who never answered the call and even when I left a message as directed, they never returned my call. So I gave up on the idea.

What I did:

I did find that Hornady makes 218 bee brass, and it is available. With the exception of the caliber and where the shoulder sits, (do to the caliber), it has all the same dimension. So,
    Got the 218 bee brass from Powder Valley I found a person who let me barrow his Sinclair neck sizing die.
    I first gave the new 218 brass a quick inspection and then got started.

I took the brass and lubed the case mouths and ran them through the Sinclair sizer with the .22 to true the mouths up. I then turned the spud around to the 6mm sizer shaft and ran them through that way. Except for being larger now they all looked good.

When I ran the 6mm stem into them, there was very minimal resistance.
    I then re lubed the case mouths and the outside of the case with lube and ran them through the 25-20 FL die. I went slow with this step. When the expander ball entered the case there was a slight resistance, but again minimal resistance. When the shoulder started to be set back, I could feel the resistance , but it was a smooth resistance, (if that makes sense) and didn't require any hard pushing to set it where it belonged. Again they looked good.

I measured them and they are good. I won't need to trim nor are they noticeably short.
    I lost no cases to dents or crushes. I would do this again without any hesitation. The Sinclair neck sizer is a great tool to work with. Thanks to person for the use of the Sinclair die.
    I now have 200 new 25-20 cases.
    I only paid $144.36 for 200 rounds delivered to my door. That is 72¢ each.

I know you're probably not looking anymore, but this guy makes just about any case. It's cnc turned, not traditionally formed brass, so that's why there's the eye popping price (really, I suggest you're not eating out drinking anything when you look at it), but that cnc turning gives incredible consistency.

https://www.rccbrass.com/product/25-20-winchester/

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

You are right about eating or drinking. I was lucky that I was sitting down when I went and looked. At that pricing, he not going to be selling many.

Boolit Grand Master
    OK...what am I missing.

Starline has .32/20 brass for $116/500. Why not just size it down? $.23/case seems reasonable even if you lose a few cases.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

Hunter is the guy you want to talk to at Star-Line. It can be done. Meanwhile if you have got some brass to load with, it's all good. Probably saved 6 or 8K................
    JMHO-YMMV
    dd884
    gary@2texastrucks.com
    Gary D. Peek