MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRepackboxTitan Reloading
Load DataRotoMetals2WidenersReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision

Thread: 72 Grain 7.62x39?

Boolit Buddy

72 Grain 7.62x39?

I have a bunch of plated 32 acp bullets I won a while back I want to try them in 7.62x39 in my cz 527 since I don't have a 32 acp. does anyone have any recommendations on loading a bullet this light in this round?

Boolit Master
    Should you decide not to use the 72 gr bullets, I would be interested in buying them off you. How many do you have? Pm is ok.
    Last edited by CastingFool; 10-06-2019 at 08:56 AM.

Banned

Not quite that light, but I loaded .32 cast bullets in my bolt gun in 7.62x39 intending to make a squirrel load and it seems I remember about five grains of Unique did well, but I would think just about any fast burning pistol powder would work. What are you trying to do with them? I highly doubt you'll be able to make them cycle an SKS or AK.

Boolit Master
    My SKS was reasonably accurate with Cast .312 powder coated boolits around 90 grains.
    Cant remember the load, but I know I used Unique.
    Yes, the wouldn't cycle the action, but I just made them up to plink and shoot small critters.
    But I bet they would have shot excellent in a Bolt Gun or single shot.
    The Boolits were originally cast out of very hard lead for a Takorov that I had a while ago.
    Might as well use up the left over boolits, rather than melting them down and recasting them.

Boolit Master
    I load 32 cal 100 gr pistole bullets in my savage axis 308 sized .311 . They shoot like a good 22lr would. I use 2.7 to 3.1 of bullseye. I have used up to 5 gr and also heaver 32 cal bullets sized .311. Very fun load in a bolt gun and accurate. the two lee molds I use are the 100 gr rn 2R and the 90 gr swc .

acoop101: I have the same rifle (CZ 527) Try between 5 and 8gr. TiteGroup. Works good for me with light bullets. Gp

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by richhodg66 View Post
    What are you trying to do with them? I highly doubt you'll be able to make them cycle an SKS or AK.
    I am wanting to load light plinking loads for my CZ 527 so action cycling is not an issue.