Titan ReloadingInline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionADvertise hereMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toz 22 Just bought one

Boolit Master

Your photos are just fine for size. I wish mine were bigger. Dem Rooskies sure come up with some different designs, don't they? Since they seem to be training rifles, I guess they wanted yours to be automatically on safe before every shot and to require an additional step to fire it. It is interesting how that was circumvented on your first specimen. My first .22, a Stevens 15-A received at age 12, required the bolt to be cocked by pulling on the cocking knob before each shot, but otherwise had no safety. It was either cocked and ready to fire, or uncocked and safe. There was more than one critter I was getting ready to pop that was alerted by the sound of the cocking knob being pulled. I hope that you're able to find another bolt and have two complete rifles.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stevens 15-A 002.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	249635
    Click to enlarge.

Oh-- I was wondering, what kind (brand) of ammo do you have available "down under", and what does it cost? As recently as 5 years ago we were having a severe .22 ammo scarcity, but it has been plentiful for a couple of years now and is available in almost any brand made anywhere, including Mexico and Europe. Of course the domestic products are the most reasonably priced, Federal, Remington, Winchester, CCI, etc. Prices are almost down to pre-shortage levels when there's a sale. A distributor named MidwayUSA recently sent me an e-mail ad for Remington Thunderbolt ammo, a brick of 500, for $14.99; but I see the same thing in a local chain store not on sale for almost $25.00. Just wondering what your situation is?

DG

We never had much of a shortage of ammo. I can't what ammo brands we have but there is quite a range - or was when I last looked. I just bought Federal subsonic hollow nose. I do have the odd other brand, including a packet of 'yellow jackets'. I don't remember prices - I'll have to check.

I have a few Lithgow single shots that work like yours. They seem to have safety that works by turning the cocking knob. One or two work while one or two have some issue. I must have another look at them. I bought them as project guns to shorten and fit suppressors. I've only done one so far for my niece's son. It turned out to be a neat little rifle. Accurate and nicely balanced. These things are made using 'ordinance steel'. Tough stuff, difficult to cut with a hacksaw.

It took many hours of rubbing boiled linseed oil onto that stock to get that finish.
    Last edited by 303Guy; Yesterday at 11:35 PM.
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

I'm seeing that we have quite a selection of ammo here in New Zealand. A wide range of CCI ammo and also Winchester and Federal, some Eley, Lapua, Cobra, Browning and Remington.

Prices vary from about NZ$70 to NZ$125 per 500 round brick. CCI subsonic bricks are NZ$96. I didn't see any match ammo which used to be available.
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12