Lee PrecisionWidenersLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2RepackboxTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dish Detergent for Removal of BP Residue.

Boolit Master
    When that big toenail makes a hole in the end they go to the big bag of to be patches. They work great in the shotgun tubes also with that smooth outside and fluffy inside.

Banned

as long as there are no synthetics in the cloth, all is fine. i refurbish all old cotton t's, socks, shirts, whatever, for cleaning/fouling patches. patching for the balls is special in that i want it the same for every shot, which is why i have about 10 yards of jo-anns' red stripe pillow ticking.

Quote Originally Posted by country gent View Post
    I use windex with vinegar at the range to clean between stages and preclean before heading home
    Yup. I used all manner of mixtures and combinations or lack there of... water, dish detergent, murphy's oil soap, ballistol etc etc. Switched to windex with vinegar and life it much easier and neater.
    Former cylindersmith.

Boolit Master
    I clean down to bare metal every time. I am not sure why guys fill bath tubs and 5 gallon buckets. I use a tin can that originally had green beans in it. A guy doesn't need gallons of water. I also only use warm water not hot at all.
    I have Green Mountain stainless barrels so they have the breach. I have a brush that has been stuffed into that breach so many times that it fits pretty well. I scrub it a couple 3 or 4 strokes and I am done. I use an endoscope to look down the barrels every once in a while to make sure they are in good shape. Neither lead or plastic have ever fouled my barrels so all I remove is powder residue.
    First shot accuracy is the only thing that is important to me.