Inline FabricationRepackboxWidenersLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Load DataReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading

Thread: Winchester 52- Help!

Boolit Buddy

Winchester 52- Help!

I call upon the vast wealth of knowledge that resides in the membership on this one!

Today- couldn't help it but to let a Winchester model 52 follow me home. 4 digit serial# starting with 2. The rear sight is the #82. Problem is that one of the windage screws was crooked, as in dropped crooked. Broke the detent and everything. The ladder was a bit crooked but was fixable. So right now I have the one side of the elevation screw doing the work of both. I am thinking it is an 8-42 or so?

Checked Numrich, Jack First, Brownells, MGW. Are there interchangeable screws for this sight? OR do I just "bite the bullet" and buy a complete rear sight and perform surgery to swap them out?

Thank you!
    Zingger

Boolit Grand Master

for this you will need to by a tap also If its 8-42 a screw the length plus can be used to repair. Cut knob if bent screw and drill and tap for screw install with lock tite and pin in place or bottom screw out in blind tapped hole. This will fix but a standard screw may have some thread play, better would be to single point a thread to fit the sight, this also allows for an end to be left "big" by a couple thousands to make a nice snug fit in the modified knob. The threaded in and bottomed or tight thread wont show at all when done and would be preferable. For these last 2 you will need a tap also. A proper screw and using the solid shank it could be soldered in place also

Boolit Buddy
    CG- Thank you for the insight, I never thought to fix, just try to replace it. Another route!
    Zingger