Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionWidenersSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Load DataReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Hyphenated fun

Hyphenated fun

My 44-40 stub rifle came out of the 120degree interior of my truck; the glare of the oh- so -present Sun on my front sight; I'll take it.
    My 22-250 is ready @100 yds with j-words but more fun at 40yds with cast.
    But it's hot so I quit. Dumb Summer. Excuse the wrinkled recycled target!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Moderator Emeritus

That .44-40 is a keeper, TbG!

Our Pastor asked me if I would mind cleaning and zeroing his deer rifle for him because he knows that I love to tinker with guns and I have my own range on my property here in rural central Texas. He's 85 years old and bought the Winchester model 94 brand new in 1957.

Anyhow, to get to my point, I promised him that I would bring his cleaned and sighted in, .32 Win Special to church with me tomorrow morning. This afternoon, Mrs. Treetop asked me if I had the Pastor's rifle ready to return to him in the morning. Yipes! It was spotlessly clean but I hadn't fired it yet!

It's 97 degrees, 70% humidity and not a breath of air. OK, I throw everything in the Ranger and drive the 200 yards to my range (I usually just walk but much later in the day, after it's cooled off some), set everything up and shoot my first round at 25 yards.

Dead center hit! I move back to 100 yards and fire the 2nd round. <2" from the first round! By this time I'm soaking wet and remembered that I had left my water jug sitting in the kitchen so I packed up and went back to the house. Sure would've liked to have spent some more time behind that beautiful rifle...

One other weather related item. Thursday morning, my BIL killed a doe. It was a good hit but the arrow exited a little too far back and opened the guts. I remembered, while we were dressing it, around mid morning, why I never hunt early bow season, oh that smell, especially when it's hot!

According to the local news, we are due for a cool down next week, it's been a long, hot summer and we are ready for some relief! Semper Fi, Treetop
    "Treetop"
    Sgt. USMC
    1968-71

"Accuracy has a suppressive power all by itself."
    Lt. Gen. George Flynn, USMC

“The Second Amendment was not written to protect your right to shoot deer.
    It was written to protect your right to shoot tyrants…”
    Judge Andrew Napolitano

Boolit Master
    Nice shooting. Was 32F this morning, worked 14hrs OT today for no heat & no hot water service calls. Winter is closing in quickly here.

A wet Blue Northern would be nice this afternoon. It’s already warmish out there. A man shouldn’t sweat on Sunday morning in October.��

Boolit Bub
    Here in the Florida panhandle it only got to 91* today a little better than the 98*~99* we’ve been having for months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Excuse my ignorance, I see references to stub gun often, but have no idea what it is. Can someone enlighten me?
    Shoot Safe,
    Mike

Retired Telephone Man
    NRA Endowment Member
    Marion Road Gun Club
    ( www.marionroad.com )

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Grinch View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, I see references to stub gun often, but have no idea what it is. Can someone enlighten me?
    Basically a host barrel is cut off- stubbed- and then a new barrel is fitted and permanently attached inside the stub. If you look about 6-7 threads down in "the barrel works" section of the Gunsmithing forum you'll find mine. It has become a favorite.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk