Snyders JerkyLoad DataLee PrecisionRepackbox
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything

Thread: Spent twenty minutes fixing a problem with my smartphone.....

Thumbs down Spent twenty minutes fixing a problem with my smartphone.....

Only to realize the problem didn't exist!
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Banned
    I went into the settings for ten minutes to figure out why calls weren’t ringing through yesterday, only to realize at some point that the ringer volume was all the way down.
    Must’ve knob-dikked it when carrying it around.

Mine did not ring for 2 days.

Then I realized it was in airplane mode and has 15 messages and 10 texts waiting.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Buddy
    I went out Saturday morning and finished working on my old ford. rounded up tools off the drive, along with my phone and put them on a tray to carry everything into the garage. Wednesday I walked out into the garage before work for some forgotten reason and thought "there's my phone" LOL and my sister wonders why I wonder why I even own one. didn't even realize I'd been running around at work without. good thing no equipment broke down on me.
    Good Judgment comes from Experience, Experience comes from Bad Judgment !

Boolit Grand Master
    If the thing is so smart, why does it need fixing????

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Minerat View Post
    Mine did not ring for 2 days.

Then I realized it was in airplane mode and has 15 messages and 10 texts waiting.
    I just did that this morning, lol
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

I'm just peachy when mine don't ring ! That means there's no emergencies , no telemarketers are calling and my kids don't need money !
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Master

Is that ALL? I spend twenty minutes trying to find the @#$%&* button to shut it up when some notification starts ringing in the checkout line at the grocery store.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Land Owner View Post
    Is that ALL? I spend twenty minutes trying to find the @#$%&* button to shut it up when some notification starts ringing in the checkout line at the grocery store.
    Phone went off last night with an Amber Alert. My better half couldn't figure out how to get it to shut off so took the smartphone outside, dug a hole in the garden and buried it. I'm not kidding. When I got home I dug it up and shut it off.

Boolit Master

I can understand and empathize with your wife jonp. There have been days that I nearly used mine for a tire chalk on a steep hill, or tossed it out while driving over a bridge, or stab it into a picnic table with my pocket knife - but it hasn't been paid for (yet).

I knew my old Samsung, a 4x more expensive phone (and a BOGO). It self-inflated one night to 3x normal size as the swollen battery split and fried the display - a Samsung "feature" I am certain was factory installed for the sole purpose of selling phones.

This new $200 Samsung (piece of carp) is narrow and that is where the similarity ends. It is best for my sanity that I leave it on SILENT and refer to the screen periodically for awaiting text and missed calls. I don't know how many times I could skip it across the water, but I am real close to trying.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

My girlfriend accused me of having anger management issues after I started cursing at my phone while we were getting lunch at Arby's.

My phone decided to notify me that Google Play services had stopped working, EVERY 30 seconds! and requiring me to acknowledge it each time!

After having my phone beeping at me every thirty seconds and being otherwise useless I threw it at the curb. Hard! I should note I used to be able to throw a baseball in the mid-90s, the phone basically exploded in a cloud of fragments, but I stopped and picked out the 32Gb micro-SD card AND the battery.
    And I proceeded to be annoyingly cheerful for the rest of the day, commenting that I'd had a lot of repressed rage and that I was no longer repressed!
    I had a spare phone, and had the spare UP and running in less time than it took for most people to get a cup of coffee!

Sadly, my "replacement" is now doing the same annoying thing!

Fortunately, I have not had the same troubles with my near identical GSM phone.
    Though I have needed to replace it (ONCE, Wonky touch screen), I still have a remaining spare for my GSM phone

Boolit Master
    My wife's smart phone started behaving wrong--and we were out of town. After and hour or so and some searching we finally found a store across town that could help her. Just as I drove into the parking lot she said "maybe I should reboot the phone". She did-- and the problem went away. Gotta love it!
    Hick: Iron sights!

Boolit Master

I need my tools and accessories to be stupider than I am.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Master

I'm about sick of my stupid iPhone. Apple does it's best to force you to do what they want. I got never-ending notifications to set up Apple Pay (not interested). I finally figured out how to turn those off, but now I get never-ending notifications to set up Keychain. I'm just not interested.

It seems so many people now (especially younger people) use every latest-and-greatest "app" simply because it exists, and feel all superior because of it. I'm not going to use some silly program just because it's there, if I don't need it. This phone is enough of a leash already. I'm on call for work on a regular basis, so I have to keep it within earshot at all hours of the day and night.

Boolit Buddy
    My phone became as slow as a rotary dial version soon after I got it.
    My Daughter is quite talented in all things technical and showed me how to clear all my browsers at the end of each session of use. I had 20+ pages open. I like my Samsung better than any iPhone so far.
    Got-R-Did.

Quote Originally Posted by frkelly74 View Post
    I need my tools and accessories to be stupider than I am.
    Preach.
    Amen, brother.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

One day I will fix all issues with my Iphone 10 by getting an Android phone.
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Boolit Grand Master

From what I've seen I just can't justify the cost of an Iphone for what I need one for. Android does everything from browsing to running my Caldwell app just fine. Can't understand some peoples need to drop $1k on a phone.

The only thing I miss with my new phone is a replaceable battery like my Galaxy 6 had.