Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRepackboxInline Fabrication
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Wideners
Lee Precision

Thread: For thought and meditation

Boolit Master

For thought and meditation

Just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned… ROMANS 5:12
    The Bible does not say that God punished the human race for one man’s sin, but that the nature of sin, namely, my claim to my right to myself, entered into the human race through one man. But it also says that another Man took upon Himself the sin of the human race and put it away— an infinitely more profound revelation (see Hebrews 9:26). The nature of sin is not immorality and wrongdoing, but the nature of self-realization which leads us to say, “I am my own god.” This nature may exhibit itself in proper morality or in improper immorality, but it always has a common basis— my claim to my right to myself. When our Lord faced either people with all the forces of evil in them, or people who were clean-living, moral, and upright, He paid no attention to the moral degradation of one, nor any attention to the moral attainment of the other. He looked at something we do not see, namely, the nature of man (see John 2:25).
    Sin is something I am born with and cannot touch— only God touches sin through redemption. It is through the Cross of Christ that God redeemed the entire human race from the possibility of damnation through the heredity of sin. God nowhere holds a person responsible for having the heredity of sin, and does not condemn anyone because of it. Condemnation comes when I realize that Jesus Christ came to deliver me from this heredity of sin, and yet I refuse to let Him do so. From that moment I begin to get the seal of damnation. “This is the condemnation [and the critical moment], that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light…” (John 3:19)
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Original sin, not my favorite topic. Sigh, still you raise a valid point. Adam and Eve ate the fruit of of tree of knowledge of good and evil. Everyone descended through them has the same stain. And you are correct, we as individuals like to think we know what is best for us. I am a good prime example. 40 years god whispered to me of green pastures and still waters. And for 40 years I said "I am the goat who walks alone, I do not like the still waters I like wild rushing rivers. I do not like the green pastures, I love the rocky steeps, the wild forest, and the untouched grassy plains.

But eventually he grew tired of my foolishness and called me in such a way that I fought against it, cryied, and melted down for a week.
    And at the end of that week my heart was purified, and I was willing to serve. I threw myself on my belly and begged forgiveness for being a stubborn blind fool. And he said "William Thomas, I MADE you that way, how would I not understand it?"

And then I was able to look back over the course of my life and see where in my defience against him, he still carried me through the hardest parts.

What I do know for fact, in the 5 years since he called me. I have been becoming a better person. A more loving, caring person. Once who's first instinct is not to shout and yell and bluster. But to comfort, console, and look for places I can help.

My wife of 23 years yesterday looked at me with love shining out of her eyes. "I Love this new Bill, is he staying" Yes dear, he's staying.

Boolit Grand Master

Our culture, and most of our Churches, are missing a solid theology of sin. Without a solid theology of sin it is not a major problem, only something to mildly regret or perhaps shy away from. Without a solid theology of sin I DON"T NEED CHRIST! And that is the heart of the major problem in the Church today - exactly what was said above - I can do it myself.

It is only when we realize that we are truly lost and helpless that we reach for Christ.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

USMC 77, USRA 79

praise God
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.