RepackboxSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
WidenersTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication

Thread: A good word for Dillon

Boolit Man

A good word for Dillon

have a 550 C. had a piece literally snap over the weekend. Called them on monday and got a replacement part thursday (today). i'm back in business and i can say without hesitation- Dillon is awesome and they truly stand by their equipment!
    Their no BS guarantee is exactly that. i have never had an issue with them, ever.
    Thank you Dillon

Dillion might be pricey but they just work, and have a customer support 2bd to non. Love my Dillion 550

Check out my website www.theballisticassistant.com

Banned
    I have a 550 B yet to use the warranty

Boolit Bub
    one thing I have learned I my life is buy the best that you can or you will buy it twice. I have had Dillon presses since the early 80 's and had no problems with them. I had square deal ,450,550,650 and now a 1050. love the 1050.

Banned
    Dillon is top notch !

After tens of thousands of rounds loaded, I broke the bell crank on my 550. I called to order a replacement and had every intention of paying for the part. They wouldn't take my money. The new part arrived at my house less than 48 hours later.

Boolit Master

I’ve used the warranties on my 550 and 650 a few times but the 550 was purchased new in 1991 and the 650 was used when I bought it in 2006 or 2007. The 650 has loaded over 100K since I got it. Every call to Dillon has been a good experience.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master

I purchased a spare parts kit for the 650. I have two 650 presses. If I break something the chances are it's in the kit. I then call Dillon for a replacement part.

This means I normally have no down time.
    NRA Benefactor.

I recently bought a (new) 650. I noticed that the powder drop/belling tube had spots of rust on it, which didn't rub off so was deeper than surface rust. I sent photos to Dillon. The reply back was that it's nothing to worry about and to coat the tube with wax to "seal it"! They said it sometimes happens during shipping via sea, the only problem with this explanation is that the part was in a sealed plastic bag!

I don't know about you folks but I don't consider rust on a brand new item as acceptable, but Dillon obviously do. This is the sort of response I got from Lee, I expected better from Dillon.

Boolit Master

Where exactly is the rust? As long as it's not on the part of the funnel that hits the brass you'll be fine.
    NRA Benefactor.

It's on the outside, so no, it shouldn't affect the use of it (unless it gets worse) but that's not the point, after everything I've read/heard about Dillon it's disappointing. The rust HAD to be on the piece before it was packed (and sealed) and to say it happened during a sea voyage is BS.

Boolit Bub
    Dillon is tops. One of my 550s I have had for 30 years. bought it used. A buddy grabed it by the primer tube to move it. broke it. They replaced it without question

Boolit Buddy
    My two 500 C's were purchased used so I have no idea of the previous round counts. I have added many more to them over the years (20 plus). Any issues were quickly resolved by Dillon and corrected. There are some aftermarket items that provide some improvements but they really aren't necessary. They sorta fall into the "nice to have" category. Like any tool with moving parts, some maintenance is required.
    West of Beaver Dick's Ferry.

Boolit Mold
    When my RCBS 4X4 Auto died this year I replaced it with a 650 and it is amazing. Gee I wish my 4X4 had died a lot sooner.