Lee PrecisionInline FabricationLoad DataSnyders Jerky
WidenersRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fixed Lee Classic Cast to keep spent primers in the tube

Quote Originally Posted by mdi View Post
    Me too (and not criticizing the member that did). I'm a lifelong machinist/mechanic (started working on cars when I was 13) and have made my living with tools for most of my working life (50+ years.). I have owned 3 Lee presses, starting with a cast aluminum Challenger in '71 and lastly a Lee turret up until I got a Forster Co-Ax. I also use a lot of Lee tools and I have not seen the breakage nor most of the failures when I operated the equipment as it was designed, or even when I tried to duplicate a complaint.

Not condemning anyone, not selling Lee stuff, just sharing my thoughts about many Lee failures are from misuse, not reading instructions, or trying to use the equipment for other than designed tasks...
    I have a Lee Classic Cast Turret press, I love it and use it a lot. I have however purchased the 'Reverse Rotation' kit from Inline Fabrication and use an RCBS Bullet feeder. I have tried several different color presses in the "Progressive" format and have always come back to my turret press because of priming problems on the progressives. I am very near retirement, I do not watch TV and so I have a lot of time to reload. The LCCT press allows me to inspect any round at any time in the process and I really like that. I shoot just enough to keep me happy, so "BULK" reloading is not my goal, quality is.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    I wonder if the Sleazyject Ejection Case Kicker will block "flying" primers?

Attachment 249473

Attachment 249474
    That probably would work. But since I have to put the next case in the shell holder, it is just as easy to push the finished case out with the next case. Been doing that since my brand new Lyman Spartan press bought uhhh a few years ago or so. And frankly that Spartan shell holder lock worked better for this than the spring clip. The shell holder tends to wander a bit while the set screw kept it in one place dumping cases exactly where I wanted them. My next little job might be to drill and tap for a set screw on this press.

I don't ever expect to return the press to original condition, I have more than one press so this one is dedicated to deprime or deprime and resize. And I use either the Lee hand primer or the Forster bench priming tool, so not being able to prime on this press is a non-issue for me.
    Last edited by Ed in North Texas; 10-16-2019 at 10:13 PM.
    Ed

CW3 USA (Ret)
    VFW Life
    American Legion
    DAV Life
    NRA Benefactor
    TX State Rifle Assn Life
    SAF Life
    NY State Rifle and Pistol Assn Senior Member because I don't have to fight that fight in TX
    JPFO Member
    GOA Member

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    I wonder if the Sleazyject Ejection Case Kicker will block "flying" primers?

Attachment 249473

Attachment 249474
    Yes it does! And it makes batch processing way faster!

Quote Originally Posted by Land Owner View Post
    JonB - whattheheckisat? Never seen one. Assume it kicks out the case the lower the ram gets to bottoming out. Made of AL? Who makes those? Not certain I want one, just Food For Thought.

A $12.99 stainless steel item on fleaBay with a $13.99 shipping fee. No Thank You.
    eBay changed my shipping cost for some unknown reason and who knows how many sales I missed as a result! Bummer, but no, it’s 4.99$ shipping.

I found that a section of relatively thick wall vinyl tubing bent into a U shape works fine for me.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrench View Post
    I found that a section of relatively thick wall vinyl tubing bent into a U shape works fine for me.
    For preventing spent primers randomly spitting out the slot in the ram head by blocking the slot, or for automatically ejecting finished cases from the Lee Classic Cast single stage press? I'm a little slow this morning and can't visualize either one, sorry - were I more awake it might be really obvious.
    Ed

CW3 USA (Ret)
    VFW Life
    American Legion
    DAV Life
    NRA Benefactor
    TX State Rifle Assn Life
    SAF Life
    NY State Rifle and Pistol Assn Senior Member because I don't have to fight that fight in TX
    JPFO Member
    GOA Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12