Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad Data
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gunbroker deal gone bad

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill Wills View Post
    Keep after him!
    Do the USPS MO follow up.
    I have been on the receiving end a few times and it is kind of a helpless feeling. In fact, just with in the last 12 months I had a real bad experience (ASSRA) buying a 40 cal Badger barrel --- that was not.
    1500 miles is too far to drive go after him. Maybe that is a good thing!

I wish you the best of luck.
    Sorry you got stung on that deal. That may well be the same barrel I recall seeing on ASSRA and was considering buying. It's unfortunate that we have to deal with dishonest individuals that put their ill gotten gains above their integrity, honor and reputation. Those mean far more to me than money ever could and I'm certainly not a rich man other than my family and friends.
    NRA Endowment member, TSRA Life member, Distinguished Rifleman, Viet Nam Vet

Hello Guys,

I purchased a Ruger #3 in 45/70 quite a few years back on Gunbroker, supposed to be NIB. When it arrived we were unable to open the lever, with a 3 day return policy I immediately sent off an email, sent another on the second day to which neither had been answered. I had my local gunsmith look it over, he didn't know what was going on so on the third day I sent another email telling him that my local gunsmith had looked it over. Still no response, on the fourth day we decided to send it off to Ruger, unfortunately we used the original box (which never came back). I sent off another email after shipping it off, boy this time I got a response. He claimed that I had no right to send it off to Ruger, bla bla bla. I responded with my last contact to him stating that I included instructions to Ruger that if it were anything but new in the box to return it to the seller. Ruger found a rusted plunger, which holds the lever shut. Replaced the plunger and spring, test fired it & sent it to me with a #1 instruction manual and a new box, no charge. I think we lucked out, I still can't believe the seller didn't know it was locked up.

AntiqueSledMan.

Boolit Grand Master

The molds, and other accessories is a bad deal. I've got a gun shop that has a bad habit of "never seeing it" too. All you can do is keep after the seller.

As for the rifle, different people have different priorities on quality and condition. For what it's worth, I bought a 54 caliber TC scout pistol that was advertised as "Never Fired" on gunbroker. I was furious when not only was it fired, it was plain as day that it had been. The seller was either fraudulent, or plain dumb. It wasn't long after that I took it out and found it to be WAY beyond my expectations as far as shooting. That handgun will shoot a PRB as good as my rifles, sometimes better, at least off a bench. I am now tickled pink to have bought it. It's best not to judge a gun until you shoot it. Don't underestimate the accuracy to happiness conversion factor.

Boolit Master
    One thing for certain is "Let the buyer beware" certainly applies. My dealings with a certain Chas S Dalman, aka "silvertomahawk" on Gunbroker certainly fall in that category.
    NRA Endowment member, TSRA Life member, Distinguished Rifleman, Viet Nam Vet

Banned
    Caveat Emptor.

I've had remarkably positive transactions related to Gunbroker purchases. That doesn't imply that everyone else can expect the same.
    My rule is to never risk more than I'm willing to lose.

At some point in time you have to ask yourself - How much hassle is this worth ? Seriously ? Sometimes you need to just cut your losses and walk away. Spending more money to correct the issue than you could possibly recover in the end is just plain stupid.
    Spending far more money than you lost just, "For the Principle of it" is downright dumb. There is a time to be pragmatic and let the emotion go.

In the movie the "Bronx Tale", the main character, Calogero "C" Anello, is annoyed because another kid owes him $20 but constantly avoids him so that Anello cannot collect.
    Anello's mentor, "Sonny", a street smart criminal, asks him if the kid is a friend.

Anello responds that he doesn't even like the kid.

Sonny responds, "You don't even like him ? There's your answer right there. Look at it this way: It costs you 20 dollars to get rid of him... He's out of your life for 20 dollars. You got off cheap. Forget him. " .

Despite the fact that the "Sonny" character is a criminal, the advice was sound. It's cheaper to let it go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12