Load DataLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Wideners Titan Reloading

Thread: #2 Buck shot in 25 caliber air rifle?

Boolit Master

#2 Buck shot in 25 caliber air rifle?

I have a Benjamin Nitro Piston in 25 caliber I was wondering about using #2 Buckshot in it however all I found was nickle plated buckshot would that hurt anything?

I am currently swaging 20.3 grain pellets from Lee #4 buckshot so it is more curiosity then need.
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

I have shot a fair amount of cast .22 caliber buck out of my .22 caliber hatsan air rifles. Does better than most pellets I've tried.

I do try to put the sprue cut on the bottom. And it is a tight fight, takes a tap or 2 with a screwdriver handle to put it all the way in.

I don't "think" the nickle plated would hurt anything.

Might check Ballistics Products Inc for buckshot.

Or you may want to find a mold.

Boolit Master

Balls shoot well in mine too. Exonomical caomapres to pellets.

Air gun steel is very soft. I wouldnt shoot anything but lead if it was mine

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

I got into it because in case of a SHTF or grid down scenario. Being able to buy pellets becomes an iffy thing. Being able to mold my own from soft lead is one more form of independence, self sufficiency. Knowing I can continue to put meat in the pot even if I lost my stash of pellets. Well it just leads to peace of mind and sleeping sound at night. Plus I hate being someones cash cow.

I saw the pellet prices going up several years ago and stacked both .20 (5mm Sheridan) and .22 (pair of Hatsan vortex guns)
    And I did not skimp, stacked both calibers wide and deep. I have not neglected my powder burners either.

Boolit Master

Cwlongshot I was thinking the same as the product says not for airguns but I can not really see it hurting the steel bore so I thought i would ask here.

GhostHawk I have not been able to find a 27 caliber round mold unless I order custom for over 100 bucks and up! I have thought of making mold to test concept could also try to cut a swage die on my lathe .
    It is Ballistics Products I found #2 buckshot at and it is all nickel plated and says not for air gun use.

I have a few pounds of lead BB that do shoot great and hit harder then pellets from .177 pellet rifles which is a reason for my wanting to try round balls.
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.