MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyRepackboxLoad DataInline Fabrication
Wideners Titan Reloading

Thread: AR 10 braided/twisted wire buffer spring

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately

AR 10 braided/twisted wire buffer spring

Does anyone know if such a thing is available? If so, where? All I can find are for the AR 15.
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

Boolit Grand Master

AR 15 carbine length springs are the one ones I know of. Contact these guys they may have a source.

https://geissele.com/catalogsearch/r...+Buffer+Spring

https://www.neverwearsprings.com/
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Mold
    So they are actually the same spring. So you can use them. I have one in mine. It works great. So the only thing to remember is the buffer is shorter so you can’t use a carbine buffer like a t3 unless you use like a longer tube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by edslau33 View Post
    So they are actually the same spring. So you can use them. I have one in mine. It works great. So the only thing to remember is the buffer is shorter so you can’t use a carbine buffer like a t3 unless you use like a longer tube.

Mine also is set up at carbine length. Buffer is only difference

Boolit Grand Master

2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master
    Those different lengths caused me some headaches till I understood which to use.
    Most of the tanks are gone and the windows don't rattle anymore. I won't be able to sleep now.

Which Spring and which buffer goes in a mid-length AR-15?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    Which Spring and which buffer goes in a mid-length AR-15?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Which stock does it have? Barrel and gas system length is not part of this equation. The length of the buffer tube is the determining factor. A collapsible carbine stock uses a carbine spring and buffer regardless of whether it's on a carbine, mid-length or rifle length barrel. An A1 stock with a carbine length barrel uses the rifle length buffer and spring.
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 10-02-2019 at 08:03 PM.

– Amber Veal

- Wayne Dyer

Thanks. I learn here.

Boolit Buddy
    I need an education !!!

What is so special about these springs ?
    Good Judgment comes from Experience, Experience comes from Bad Judgment !

Banned

I use wolf extra power ar10 springs in all my ars except for the 556 guns. that's ar10s, blackouts 9mms and 50 beo. Even use them in 556 handguns with pistol length gas systems. Unlike some I tune first with springs and then buffers. IMO to many just throw in heave buffers and it makes your gun sluggish.

I’ve gone with the tubbs flat springs. You get a spring with more coils that collapses to the same or less length as a round spring. In my blowback AR .45’s it seems to soften the bolt recoil movement considerably.

Quote Originally Posted by nun2kute View Post
    I need an education !!!

What is so special about these springs ?
    Absolutely nothing. Speaking as a retired career BSME, I have no explanation why anybody would even make such a thing. Other than to fool the rubes into parting with their hard earned wages.
    Cognitive Dissident

Banned

that's where a got the advice on 308 springs in an 15. I was having problems with my ar 9mm pistol and found a company on line that specializes in them and even getting them to run a 100 percent with a binary trigger. He said the best thing to do with any blow back ar15 is put a heavier ar10 buffer spring in it. I had advice like going to heavier buffers and had them up to 10 oz and none of it helped he told me to run a ar10 spring with a 5.5 oz buffer and my gun hasn't missed a beat since. He made sense he said the heavier spring keeps the bolt in batter a spilit second longer and with the heavier bolt of blow back gun already making it heavy you don't need a 8 or 10 oz buffer because all it does is slow the bolt for coming back. So much so that if you have a binary trigger or even shoot fast with your stock trigger your finger will outrun your gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltimoreed View Post
    I’ve gone with the tubbs flat springs. You get a spring with more coils that collapses to the same or less length as a round spring. In my blowback AR .45’s it seems to soften the bolt recoil movement considerably.

Attachment 250139
    My first ar45 [oly bcg- oly bbl- ar.45 lower- dpms slabside upper] was put together by a black rifle outfit who didn’t know squat about ar’s in 45 that were blowback operated and I eventually had damage to my lower where the oly [gas key] block struck the top rear of the lower. I did some research and learned about my rifle and found the largest buffer available and in an effort to mitigate the bcg recoil and forward to battery impulses I went with the ar10 tubbs springs. Works fine now. I eventually learned how these critters work and built 3 so far and thinking about a 4th. Here’s my first after it became a sbr.
    Last edited by Baltimoreed; 10-24-2019 at 05:55 PM.