RotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad Data
Reloading Everything Wideners

Thread: RCBS 38-175 rn 311 (gas checked) ogive radius anyone?

Boolit Mold

RCBS 38-175 rn 311 (gas checked) ogive radius anyone?

I lucked into a good shooting rn bullet for my 357 mag leverguns which i believe to be cast by the titled mold. Unfortunately that mold is no longer available from RCBS and internet searches for a used mold gave zero results so far. The vendor of the cast bullets stated the mold is old and obsolete and i can't foretell how much longer that boolit will be available and I don't want to rely on a sole source. Does any one know if that mold is a 1 or 2 or ? cal radius ogive on the original RCBS rn mold? So far of the private mold makers, I think only only Arsenal lists a true rn boolit design in several calibers. Feel free to advise or correct my assumptions

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Accurate has some ogival flat nosed bullets in that weight which shoot well in .357 leverguns.
    Fit is more important than shape. You might check these out:

http://www.accuratemolds.com/bullet_...=36-175E-D.png

http://www.accuratemolds.com/bullet_...36-175DG-D.png
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Mold
    Thanks OP I am trying to squeeze a 360 DW based cartridge into a 92 rossi originally chambered in 357 mag, which is almost a 1/8" shorter cartridge. OAL, nose shape and max boolit weight for that OAL are all critical for the cartridge to cycle from the magazine AND yield the down range momentum i need. The rn shape cycles easily due to a meplat to crimp groove distance of just under 0.3 and carries over 183 grains weight. The 2 samples given above exceed the crimp groove to meplat distance and likely carry less weight. I think with an almost identical rn diameter and crimp to meplat distance i am dealing with about a 2r ogive bullet but I was hoping to get confirmation from y'all.