RepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyWidenersReloading Everything
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: McMillan stocks

Boolit Grand Master

McMillan stocks

Was over in Phoenix this last week and had a few hours to kill [Ben Avery was closed and I'd already spent too much in a couple gun stores.....] so, since I have a McMillan A-5 stock ordered thought I'd stop by and check out their business. Had the address but they are located in a "business park" and had no sign or anything to identify which building. However, there was a large flag (our National Flag) over a doorway so I figured that might be them.....it was. No store just a small office. The receptionist/secretary(?) was very pleasant and when I said I was just stopping by because I had a stock on order she asked if I wanted a tour.....well, heck yeah! So I got a personal tour of their entire manufacturing process. It was really amazing the attention to detail and quality control they put into every step of manufacturing....quite a few steps I might add.

The molding, over 100 different patterns, the coloring of the stocks, the CNC inletting for a bunch of different actions, individual accessories, finishing, etc. etc. the process was amazing. Also the specialty stocks made for BR and long range shooting and how they use a couple huge mills to line everything up when bedding them was all incredible. I had no idea it was that involved. Yes, they can be spendy but I'm here to tell you the quality is there.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

It was a plain jane model, but I sure liked the one I had several years ago on a Rem700.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    Larry I'm envious of the factory tour. I have two McMillans and they are worth every penny that McMillan charges. I'll probably order more but on the one style they are only accepting orders for groups of 10 or more.

Boolit Master

YouTube has a video of the manufacturing processes.
    Go to YouTube and enter "McMillan Fiberglass Stock Build" for a look.
    Gun control is not about guns.

Banned

I have one of their stocks that was designed by J. Earl Bridges that they no longer make cause they broke the mold! It's the best "feeling" synthetic stock I've ever handled.

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Larry they are so good you can't stop at one. Walnut and laminate were my go to till I ended up with one for my 6ppc. Now my match rifles seem to go with them.

Boolit Master
    I have several McMillan stocks, and they are worth every penny.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Iowa Fox View Post
    Larry I'm envious of the factory tour. I have two McMillans and they are worth every penny that McMillan charges. I'll probably order more but on the one style they are only accepting orders for groups of 10 or more.
    That's kind of an on and off policy. They accepted my order online with no problems as they've just commercial orders now and no military contracts. If you want one give them a call or order online. I filled out the order and emailed it. Got a call in a couple days to confirm and clarify. then got the confirmation/clarification in another email. Great people to deal with.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher Jim View Post
    Larry they are so good you can't stop at one. Walnut and laminate were my go to till I ended up with one for my 6ppc. Now my match rifles seem to go with them.
    It's not my first McMillan stock which is why I ordered another.....and will, no doubt, get others..........

Was just my first chance to visit them. Was an awesome experience......
    Larry Gibson

― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Grand Master
    What makes it more impressive is that they did not know you were coming and did not do anything special to prepare for a visit. You saw what is "normal" not some staged visit.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    I have 5 of them and absolutely will get more!
    USMC 6638