Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Lee PrecisionLoad DataInline FabricationWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 45 Super Carbine

My pleasure guys!

I have bought many of Chaszels barrels / liners for making my own adapters and rebarreling and they are great ! I have not bought any of his adapters but believe they would be top quality and shoot well. I have built a least 10 guns with his products and am very happy with them.
    I was recently looking on eBay for his products and also found that he was no longer listing anything there, maybe he is better with his own website and not paying their hi seller fees.

Jedman

In a email Chaz mentioned that although he was breaking no rules his account was frozen. So he decided to head out on his own.

I'm sure any word of mouth from happy customers is greatly appreciated.

I have him looking at a custom 16" long .32sw long for .410. I don't even have a good shotgun for this project. A nice handling side by side would be good. One barrel for shot, one for rifled .32sw long bunny and squirrel killer. Cheap to shoot, keep the speed down so no gas checks needed. 2-3 grains of Red Dot for power and the Lee .314 90 gr TC tumble lubed bullet. In a 16" rifled barrel it would be quiet, should be reasonably accurate.

Boolit Master
    I have a single shot bolt action 45acp and shoot 460 Rowland loads in 45 super brass. Would have never expected to see a 45 acp dimension case hit 1900fps but it sure blows up pdogs nice.
    Doug
    .................................................. ........................................
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Taxidermists are cheaper than surgeons....keep shooting

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Some people measure success in Minutes of Angle

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
    Did H&R ever make an aluminum framed break barrel shotgun? I've never seen nor heard of one.
    The only options I'm aware of are iron or alloy steel, not aluminum. The iron ones are good for .44 Mag, .357 Mag, .30-30, .45-70, .22 Hornet etc. The steel ones are good for full power rifle cartridges like .308, .270 etc.
    The shotgun pictured is most definitely not a Harrington and Richardson or New England firearms single shot. It resembles a Hatfield like Walmart sells and I do believe those are Alloy framed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I built a friend a handi rifle barrel in 45 ACP from a 20 ga. shotgun barrel and turned a Green Mountain barrel blank as a liner and epoxied it in pemenately and D&T for a scope base. I took it to WY one year and shot a antelope with it using 45 super factory loaded ammo that had Hornady 200 gr. XTP HP bullets. Out of the 18" barrel we were getting approx. 1600 fps.
    Big mistake using that XTP bullet as it blew a hole big enough to put both of my two fists into in the

chest of a antelope at about 100 yards. I had a picture of the wound but it was on a 35 mm film camera so I cannot post it. The antelope dropped and got right back up the next shot took the top of her head off. Since then I have built a bunch of other single shots in 45 ACP, some stubs , some with liners and some with homemade chamber adapters. It's a fun cartridge to play with and can be big medicine for close range hunting with the right bullet.

Jedman

Boolit Mold
    Awesome! Ive been wanting to do this myself...I just grabbed a NEF 12ga thats is rough on the outside but for $70 I took it home. Im getting ready to order some adapters as well. I see that Chaszel has some 45/70 12 ga inserts as well.
    __THe 45/70 barrel is on his website____chaszel.com

___He also lists blanks- Straight blanks- fully chambered and threaded 5/8-24 on both ends.

I did find this guy on Youtube___He has posted several vids shooting different caliber and lengths...IM sold on their performance after watching his videos... Easily 100 yard shooter.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiy...fOIeLAA/videos
    Last edited by btrapr1; 12-17-2019 at 05:09 PM.

Boolit Master

I didnt know they chambered 327!!

Ill have to donsomemcheckingbhere!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master
    This is exactly why I started my 45ACP build on a dedicated bolt action platform.

I am using a Savage Model 112,Series J target rifle for my build.

20.5” Mc Gowen match .451 caliber barrel.
    The barrel will be 1” diameter at the muzzle.
    Stainless

I am still waiting for my .308 size bolt head as well.

I have to wait around 3-4 months before everything is together! It is going to be a painful wait!

Using the .452 caliber muzzle loader bullets was my original plan as well.
    With an action as strong as this, and careful load development, the little case should shine!

I am most curious about the level of potential accuracy I can wring out a of it!
    If I can get 1”, or just under with a JR carbine at 50 yards, I should be able to get that or better at 75-100 with a proper Benchrest/target platform rifle.

My plan is to try all the traditional bullets like 185,200,230 XTP’s at top manual regulated performance levels first.

Then slowly develop high performance loads with the FTX .452 bullets. If I need to rethroat the chamber to allow normal case capacity, that is fine.

Three to four months is going to be a long agonizing wait! Lol!

I am planning to use small pistol primer brass, to take advantage of more metal in the case head for pressures. Not to push pressures higher, but just to give a small amount of safety factor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12