Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyWidenersRepackboxReloading Everything
Load Data RotoMetals2

Thread: Anyone Know What

Boolit Master
    Dodge Co. GA. Between the Ocmulgee and Little Ocmulgee rivers.

Anyone Know What

I saw this on a FB group. The fellow is in Italy. He was asked what is that block on the Autodisk. He said, It is just a device to make the measure more accurate. I asked him if it worked like a drop tube, or if it vibrated. He hasn't answered. Now, I may have to build a spacer plate that works like a short drop tube, and vibrates. Why did I not think of this before?

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

US Govt mantra: If it's moving tax it. If it's still moving regulate it. If it stops moving subsidize it

Interesting! Hopefully he'll get back to you with some more info. I thought that there was a lot to like about the Lee disc measure but have stopped using mine. I always meant to experiment with a vibrator to settle the powder better, but never got around to it. Please keep us posted if you hear back from him!

Boolit Master
    I have no idea what he's got mounted there, but I can at least tell you what I use when loading flake powders that don't meter well: a small aquarium aerator pump. The small version I picked up at Walmart, strapped to the side of the powder reservoir, vibrates the whole measure enough to prevent bridging, but isn't noisy.

Looks a lot like an RCBS die box.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by kevin c View Post
    I have no idea what he's got mounted there, but I can at least tell you what I use when loading flake powders that don't meter well: a small aquarium aerator pump. The small version I picked up at Walmart, strapped to the side of the powder reservoir, vibrates the whole measure enough to prevent bridging, but isn't noisy.
    did the same thing on my Dillon measure. Since it's so quiet and I'll lost hearing I have it hooked into the lights. When I turn them off as I'm going out I know the pump is off
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

I thought the way the measure moves as the cases operates the measure was enough vibration to prevent bridging as well as keep the powder settled in the hopper.
    Is this not true?
    I can see why the block will improve things a bit. The longer the drop between the hopper and measuring chamber helps fill the chamber more completely.
    Same as using a long drop tube when your powder charge fills the case. The longer drop packs the powder in the case more so the bullet seats better.
    Leo

Boolit Master
    Dodge Co. GA. Between the Ocmulgee and Little Ocmulgee rivers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveco View Post
    Interesting! Hopefully he'll get back to you with some more info. I thought that there was a lot to like about the Lee disc measure but have stopped using mine. I always meant to experiment with a vibrator to settle the powder better, but never got around to it. Please keep us posted if you hear back from him!
    I'm sorry it took so long to get back to you. It is a plate(phenolic spacer comes to mind) with a hole through it. It acts kinda like a drop tube. He says it improves the accuracy of the measure. I still think a plate like this with a place to put a lipstick vibrator would be just the thing to use.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

US Govt mantra: If it's moving tax it. If it's still moving regulate it. If it stops moving subsidize it

Thanks for remembering jimkim! I'm thinking that this calls for some more experimentation. Like you, I'm thinking that using both an extra riser and some sort of vibrating attachment sounds like an even better idea.