Snyders JerkyWidenersLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Titan Reloading Load Data

Thread: Info needed on Lee mold 358-116-WC

Boolit Bub

Info needed on Lee mold 358-116-WC

I picked up this Lee mold 358-116-WC several years ago at a gun show. I think I paid $5 for it. Anyway, I have never seen it in any catalog or product list. It drops a really nice little 116 grain wadcutter that works very well in my j-frames. Low recoil, accurate, and preserves lead for punching holes.

Does anyone have any info on when this was made, for how long, when dropped from production, etc? Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lee1.jpg   lee2.jpg   lee3.jpg   lee4.jpg  

Boolit Master
    I had noticed that boolit back in the day but I was focused on .44 Spl/Mag load development and didn't buy one. It was during the period when Lee also made light WCs in .44 - the 120 gr and 208 gr versions, and a .44-180-RN and .44-255-SWC in single cavity. That was the mid to late '70s. I hunted for DC versions of all those but they were getting discontinued and I never found any.

Boolit Bub
    Thanks for the info. I kind of figured around the 70's. That's when I acquired most of my single cavity rifle molds. I had 148 WC molds but never realized they made the light ones.

Boolit Master
    Yeah there was an even lighter .38, around 75-90 grs. You might find a reference to it googling old Lee catalog images. I like the 44-208-WC for GP .44 Spl/Mag and used it for a big-bore match load til I got the 44 HBWC mould from M-P. The .44-120-WC is a button-nosed little collar-button with one grease groove and a crimp groove, and I use it for super-light new-shooter loads and for stacking two of 'em in a Mag case at about 1200 fps. They strike about an inch apart per ten yards of range, one on point of aim and the other diverging lower. It just takes so long to cast a bunch of 'em!