Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxWideners
Inline Fabrication

Thread: Shooting the bisley 45

Boolit Master

Shooting the bisley 45

Today I went back to the range with my 5.5" bisley 45 to make sure I was zeroed nice & tight with this new 2dogs front sight I put on a few days ago. It had shot really good for me off the sandbags after taking the Bowen rear sight off & putting the factory Ruger rear sight back on, I just didn't have enough adjustment with the Bowen.

Today I was in my usual reclining position with my piece of leather between my knees & starting out at 50 yds. We've had a cold front move in & the wind was blowing, rain is expected & snow by Sunday or Monday, it's on! Anyway my first shot went high towards the top of the steel clanger, you can see it in the first photo, and it knocked the steel clanger clear over! My buddy Paul was pretty impressed & so was I, I haven't knocked one down in a long time. The load is 18.5 grs of 2400 & a 260 gr Keith that's powder coated. This load, minus the powder coating has taken a lot of game for me.

I stood the target back up & noticed a rock had chipped the paint a bit on the right side at about 2 o'clock, that's not a hit. You can see the next 4 shots in a nice little cluster & just a tick to the right. 2 clicks windage took care of that & I moved back to 65 yds & shot 5 more rounds. Now I was sitting out in the wind & I knew the first shot was right. I made no correction & ran the next 4 shots, you can see all 5 shots with 4 of them centered.

Now to get my son to install 2 more of 2dogs sights for me if he'll put down his fishing pole long enough. He told me while he was standing in the river last night that about 35 head of elk walked right up on him & one big 6X6 bull was bugling his brains out, he didn't have his bow!!

Dick

Banned
    That is some GOOD shooting sir. Which mold are you using and what is your velocity?

Boolit Buddy
    Nice shooting! Send those elk to northern Nevada for me. I have my first bull tag in 13 years of trying and need all the help I can get!

When you get a chance can you show the 2 dogs sight? It sounds interesting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Here's a photo of 2dogs (Fermin) front sight.

Dick

Boolit Master

[QUOTE=sixshot;4734322]Today I went back to the range with my 5.5" bisley 45 to make sure I was zeroed nice & tight with this new "2dogs front sight I put on a few days ago. It had shot really good for me off the sandbags after taking the Bowen rear sight off & putting the factory Ruger rear sight back on, I just didn't have enough adjustment with the Bowen."

Nice shootin iron and a great caliber. I have a Ruger Old Model Vaquero in 45 Govt with the same barrel length. Shoots fantastic! I had to get the Ruger as I had already scored an H&R 1871 Classic Carbine in 45 Govt and needed a companion. 41 Mag was my favorite for many years, I even picked up a Marlin 1894 in 41 Mag. I'd love to find a single shot or lever gun in 38-40 to go with my other Vaquero. Oh well, I'll just keep looking and hoping.
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!

Boolit Grand Master

Great shooting. That's an interesting front sight.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Banner Sponsor

Great Gun in my favorite caliber! I picked up an assortment of 2Dogs Ruger blades, but haven't taken the time to install any. I also picked up a few for my BFRs. When I paint my front sights, I put down a base coat of white first. Then when that's dried, I put the orange over it. It really makes the orange PoP.

Boolit Master
    I do the same hot orange over white appliance touch up paint routine, but once it is dry I apply a coat of what is advertised as a very hard clear nail polish. It seems to help against holster wear. GF

Boolit Master
    Nice shooting. I really like the .45 Colt!
    U.S.A. " RIDE FOR THE BRAND OR LEAVE!"