Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2WidenersInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rossi R92. Need some help

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedo66 View Post
    I've had good luck with these people. Same kind of stuff: followers, spring kits, etc. Good prices, low shipping cost. https://www.thesmithshop.com/
    Thank you. Interesting to note that the smithshop has the Palo Verde spring kits.

Boolit Master
    Try Steve's Gunz - specializes in R92's.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJames View Post
    At one time Steve's gunz accepted payment only through paypal. Is it still that way? I do not do paypal.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Froogal View Post
    At one time Steve's gunz accepted payment only through paypal. Is it still that way? I do not do paypal.
    No, I paid him by check. Got in a nice trigger sppring. Original total trigger pull = 5 1/2 pounds: original spring tension was 3 1/2 pounds, friction of hammer and trigger = 2 pounds; installed new trigger spring from Steve's Gunz and total trigger pull was reduced down to 3 1/2 - 4 pounds.

I had a problem with an order from him once. Don’t remember now what the problem was, and this was after several perfect orders. I sent an email that his wife answered and she immediately resolved the problem with no issues. Doesn’t address the PayPal question, but they are good people.
    Tony

Boolit Bub
    Next question. I found a website that has parts for lever action rifles. Kind of caters to the Rossi. Spring kits, magazine followers, etc. It is called "Palo Verde gun parts" Any of you folks familiar with them?
    I've used spring kits from Lee Gunslinger, Steve's gunz and Palo Verde. Palo Verde gets my vote. It's a few bucks more but an excellent spring kit for Rossi's

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DDJ View Post
    I've used spring kits from Lee Gunslinger, Steve's gunz and Palo Verde. Palo Verde gets my vote. It's a few bucks more but an excellent spring kit for Rossi's
    Thank you! I'll probably be getting a couple of those kits, along with the magazine spring and followers. Even if I don't change them out, I'll have some spare parts.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJames View Post
    +1 for Steves Gunz, several years back when R92's were only $400 and Marlin had been sold and was making Remlins that weren't real nice I took a chance on one and bought the DVD and upgrades from Steves Gunz. At first my .357 R92 did_not function/feed well - especially with cast bullets. Once Steves parts were put in and springs adjusted it was a JOY, I now own a half dozen in various calibers, all have been resprung and gunsmithed with help from Steves DVD, and all will feed/function with whatever I put in them.

No they're not JM stamped Marlins, but gunsmithed properly they are (or used to be - I just checked prices on them, GEEZ...) a real joy.

Art
    ”Only accurate rifles are interesting”
    ——Townsend Whelen

In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act
    —- George Orwell

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazman1602 View Post
    +1 for Steves Gunz, several years back when R92's were only $400 and Marlin had been sold and was making Remlins that weren't real nice I took a chance on one and bought the DVD and upgrades from Steves Gunz. At first my .357 R92 did_not function/feed well - especially with cast bullets. Once Steves parts were put in and springs adjusted it was a JOY, I now own a half dozen in various calibers, all have been resprung and gunsmithed with help from Steves DVD, and all will feed/function with whatever I put in them.

No they're not JM stamped Marlins, but gunsmithed properly they are (or used to be - I just checked prices on them, GEEZ...) a real joy.

Art
    YES!! The price is what convinced me to go with Rossi. About 1/3 to 1/2 the price of anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by trapper9260 View Post
    On my Rossi 92 357 mag it had lock up on me and the 2 bars was hang up so I remove them and then was able to close the lever . But after put the bars back the gun will not fire. Brought it to my gunsmith and found out that and piece in it broke and some other part he need to replace he told me that is the first time he hear it happened . He said one part he can get for it but is know to break so he will make one that way will not have that problem . I love the gun shoot great and what ever I put in it.
    Got my Rossi back it had a broke part in it. He told me that it is a common thing in them he found. It is all fix. He test fire it and he said he try it at 100 yards and had no problem hit a 6" plate. That was with the factory ammo he used. He knows it will do better on the groups with reloads.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master
    Just an update. After doing a thorough cleaning on the Rossi, We held our October cowboy action shoot yesterday. It behaved flawlessly. Hammer cocked back each and every time. I'd like to say the shooter also behaved flawlessly, but that would be a fiction story. Doesn't matter. I had fun.

Boolit Bub
    had a problem with a Rossi 92. Found the hammer was poorly cast. over half of the full cock notch was not there. like pulling teeth to get Rossi to fix it.

Boolit Master
    I bought the rifle brand new. Cleaned and oiled it before firing the first shot and I have cleaned and oiled it after every shooting session. If it is dirty, it didn't happen on my watch.

It WAS dirty. A liberal spraying of brake cleaner caused a LOT of black crud to run out. I oiled it and put it back together, and it has not malfunctioned since.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MI2600 View Post
    Good YouTube help on the Rossi:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0r0l5MRNaU
    And here is part one,disassembly:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fsFDc4s9V5A

After a shooting session with my NIB stainless 20” Rossi, I decided to take the plunge, watch a YouTube video, and fully disassemble it. After a thorough cleaning, my brand new Rossi functioned like a Brand new Rossi! (Even better than before). Disassembly was the best thing I could have done , not only for the removal of factory crud, but for inspiring confidence in the procedure itself. Rossi is a manufacturer of CNC machines ( I recently discovered ) , but it seems they could pay more attention to their finished products. I must say that my rifle has never failed to function flawlessly, however I’m glad to have given it a thorough cleaning. I absolutely love it as a companion to the RBH 7.5. .

My Year old one runs the reloads I put through it without a hickup and I can hit what I can see. Love it, should shoot it more often.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12