Titan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Load DataWideners
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chestnuts anyone ?

well, it appears I have failed in getting them to sprout. Yesterday I cut some of the nuts open and they definitively are bad. I guess I kept them too long before starting to get them to grow. I went back to the trees to get more seed but the chickens have eaten all that have fallen. Who would have to known.
    To the ones that have sent their address, I am sorry. With your permission I will copy and save the the list of addresses and start again next year. But I will process them properly before sending.
    Again I am sorry, I was looking forward to spreading the trees around the country.
    I have come to believe honey bees are more important to this world than I am.

Oh, well. There is always next year. Thanks for trying..

Boolit Buddy
    Next year will work for me as well.....looking forward to planting some next year.

Boolit Master
    Yesterday I ate the first chestnut off my Dunstan chestnut trees. Took about 6 years from 2nd year transplants to make a few. Better luck with next year's crop!

Hi, you have some for next year to send out like you plan PM me, I would like to plant some on my place and I know someone that will do it also he is just down the road from me. Thank you
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master
    Do chestnuts need to be scarified before they will sprout? For those that don't know, that means kept at or near freezing in a damp environment. Its supposed to simulate being under wet leaves through the winter.
    You have the right to force me to pay for the feeding, housing, clothing, education, and medical treatment of yourself and your children when I have THE RIGHT TO FORCE YOU TO PICK MY COTTON!

Section 1 13th Amendment to the Constitution:
    "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as punishment for a crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."

Damp potting soil or sphagnum moss in the crisper section of the fridge for several months. Many youtube videos on this.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12