RotoMetals2WidenersLoad DataRepackbox
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9mm boolit mihec group buy

Boolit Master

9mm boolit mihec group buy

I am getting in on this 9mm group buy. Any of you shooting this boolit. What is your preferred coating/lube? (PC, Hitek, lube). usually I PC but don't like how it makes the nose larger. Hitek I am still a rookie. Traditional lube I have not done for years but may go back to it.
    Would also love to see some more interest in this one to get it made.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...or-8-cav-Solid

The ogive is steep enough that coating doesn't have a meaningful impact on seating depth. I PC mine, standard lube groove with no problems. It is my favorite all around 9mm design. There are plenty others out there that work as well, but the 8 cavity is a great selling point and I find them to be quite accurate.

Boolit Master

Thanks for the link. Just signed up.

No problems with PC and it’s very accurate also in NLG solid version.

Boolit Master

Sweet pics Gamsek.

Boolit Master
    thanks for the replies. It's nice to know I can PC this if I want. Now we need one more to make the group buy go live. I got to shoot some of these that were hitek coated and they shot the best from 4 different mold designs I have tried. A big thanks to those that have helped me out.

Boolit Master
    I got a few of these to try from a member here. I had several different styles of cast and this one out shot them all. Maybe I just nailed it with the load on this one but the group was a third the size of the rest, but I did shoot off hand and maybe got lucky. Looks like one more is needed to go live on this buy. I also just switched to sport pistol for PC. Use if for everything else too and so far I like it. use a few tenths more then TG to get the same velocities but with out the heat of TG
    Last edited by mto7464; 09-29-2019 at 09:38 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    from the end of the driving band to the end of the nose,
    how long.

Boolit Master
    I loaded and shot them all so can't tell you. My OAL loaded was 1.085. That was so they would chamber in my 1911 which is tight, I can go longer for my sig/glock and even walther. It is a flat point so OAL will be shorter then a round nose. This is close to the NOE design you could look at that design to get an idea.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamsek View Post

No problems with PC and it’s very accurate also in NLG solid version.
    Nice looking boolits. I guess you live in europe?
    I am thinking about buy that mold too. Wish a few more guys would get in on this GB.

Boolit Master
    anybody have this mold form earlier GB?

Quote Originally Posted by mto7464 View Post
    anybody have this mold form earlier GB?
    Sorry for late answer, Yes, I live in Europe. We have guns, we shoot and we hunt. Many people reload. Few of us cast and swage our bullets.

MP has few 359-125 in stock, he finally start to put all his moulds on his web page, including many overrun mould from past years. With lube groves and penta HP they come 130grs with soft alloy. Remove lube groves and HP and I get 140grs.

https://www.mp-molds.com/product/mp-...p-pb-2-cavity/

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamsek View Post
    Sorry for late answer, Yes, I live in Europe. We have guns, we shoot and we hunt. Many people reload. Few of us cast and swage our bullets.

MP has few 359-125 in stock, he finally start to put all his moulds on his web page, including many overrun mould from past years. With lube groves and penta HP they come 130grs with soft alloy. Remove lube groves and HP and I get 140grs.

https://www.mp-molds.com/product/mp-...p-pb-2-cavity/
    Yeah I knew you did, was hoping someone state side has one. Tempted on the 125 but this GB is my compromise for the 147 grain cast that give me fits loading.

Boolit Master

I have this mould. Did you want to try some or were you looking for someone who is selling their mould?

Boolit Buddy
    I also have this mould and have some freshly cast Bullets both solid and HP coated with hi tec if you would like me to send you a few to try out just shoot me a pm

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Papercidal View Post
    I also have this mould and have some freshly cast Bullets both solid and HP coated with hi tec if you would like me to send you a few to try out just shoot me a pm
    Thanks for the offer, got some coming from springfield.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by mto7464 View Post
    Thanks for the offer, got some coming from springfield.
    Good to hear it is a great little bullet I think you will like it but I’ve accumulated quite a collection of 9mm moulds that don’t work great for me so it’s always nice to try a few out before getting another mould

Boolit Buddy
    I've got the 4cav brass HP version of this design and also the 8 cav aluminum version. I absolutely love this boolit in my 9mm.

Boolit Master
    Got 100 of these and love the design. OAL about 1.085 which is about right from a flat point. These shoot great. I powder coated some as well. Can't wait till we get 5 more guys on the GB so it will get here by spring.

I’ve switched to this mold for all 9mm. I use solid smooth side and I hitek them. They are brilliant and from an 8cav aluminum mold they rain baby. High recommend.

I will say that this round did produce a few flyers from my new pc carbine. And when I say fliers I mean FLIERS! like I was shooting at a dirt berm maybe 30yd and they were in a predictable place then suddenly one hit like 20’ to the left. Still scratching my head on that one.
    Last edited by Drew P; 12-21-2019 at 05:03 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast