Reloading EverythingLoad DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Repackbox

Thread: Evanix Rifles

Boolit Mold

Evanix Rifles

Does anyone have any experience with these? I've got a FX Royale but wanting to get a semi automatic PCP and the Evanix is an attractive option, but I'm worried about potential reliability issues. I can't find much online about them and the companies website is terrible, so not off to a good start.

Anyone owned and used any Evanix PCP's for a reasonable time?

Boolit Master

I bought a used Evanix airspeed .22.

Only had it a couple months, it came with a few goodies to sweeten the deal.

It does not have the accuracy you might expect from the price point. As in it does not pile them al into one hole at 25 yards. It does have useful accuracy. If I can see it, the gun can hit it up to 60 yards or so.

Almost like a M1A, not so hot on paper, but put the thing in your hands and start shooting, pretty good rifle.

Part of the issue is this semi auto rifle fires from an open bolt. A blast of air blows the pellet from an unrifled magazine across a small gap, and down the barrel. One of the former importers devised a "fix", I'm not sure exactly what it was. but had something to do with better support for the rear of the barrel. My rifle has this improvement.

The former owner detuned the rifle a bit, from the factory it fired 14 grain pellets over 950 fps. Now it fires 14 grain pellets about 790-810 fps.
    I'm happy with that performance, and the shot count per fill which is around 80 when the chronograph notices, and about 100 when the shooter can really notice low hits.

Evanix is an innovative company, suffering from poor execution. They have had several exclusive importers in this country, each has chosen to no longer hold that role. Spare parts come from Korea with massive shipping charges, like 40 bucks shipping for a 5MM pin that cost 2.50. $40 bucks shipping for a magazine that cost 80 bucks.

I like, and plan to keep it.
    Last edited by clodhopper; 01-15-2020 at 10:25 AM.
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

Boolit Mold
    I’ve joined here to learn about casting and swaging my own airgun slugs. I’ve owned at least 6 Korean guns. Rainstorms in .22 regulated air flow that will take the cap off water bottles at 100 yards with JSB 18.13 pellets. Will Piatt of Saddle Mountain Gunsmith is THE MAN when it comes to tuning any Evanix or Sumatra. I have a suppressed .25 Sumatra that can put 50 grain slugs all consistently in 1/4” ctc at 50 yards and if you know what a subsonic .22LR can do, well picture a perfect swaged .257 87 grain Corbin slug sent at 900-1020fps with a standard deviation of 4fps. Doug Noble hits eggs at 400 yards quite regularly and John Bowmans Scandalous .257 put 19/20 .257’s through a 1” ram hole at 300 yards. Airguns are not what they use to be.
    I’m not a big fan of semi or full auto ones as that’s what will get them regulated. The best thing about airguns is you can shoot them quietly in yard legally, basement, adjustable power on the fly, suppressed, cheap. That being said, Mr. Piatt can turn any semi full but to me it’s a waste as accuracy and range is my attraction. Just call me if you need anything. If I don’t know I know who does. 570-977-1149.
    To 2nd poster: I have a FX Elite. Almost like a Royal but single shot. I run a .25 Smooth Twist & a 29”x0.753” SS Benchmark.22 on it.