RepackboxInline FabricationReloading EverythingLoad Data
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Wideners

Thread: Suitability of RCBS 32-84-WC

Boolit Buddy

Suitability of RCBS 32-84-WC

A while back I received a very nice RCBS 32-84-WC mould in a batch of many others. Right now I don't have anything that shoots a .32 bullet but have been interested in hopefully buying a .327 Federal Mag or .32 H&R Mag revolver one of these days. Would this mould be useful for these faster magnums or should it be limited to the 32 Long?

Boolit Grand Master
    No, that mould is worthless for any application. You should send it directly to me for proper disposal!

If you will do a quick search on this forum, you will see several good threads on the subject of loading for the 32 H&R that include the suggested loads those posters like for their particular guns using that WC bullet. I can’t recall seeing WC loads for the 327 FM, but there probably were some. The basic wad cutter mould (regardless of maker) is probably one every shooter of 32s should have available and unless damaged or abused, the RCBS should be a good one. Then again, it would be cheaper for you in the long run to follow the directions in my first comment and send it to me... just send me a PM for mailing directions.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Buddy
    LeadHead72,

I was not aware that RCBS made a .32 caliber 84 grain wadcutter mold. I have an RCBS .32 caliber 98 grain wadcutter mold and like all RCBS molds, it is exceptionally easy to cast with and the resulting bullet is a very good bullet. The only problem is that it is available in only two cavity variety. I have only loaded the bullet in .32 S&W Long and .32 H&R cases but expect that it would also shoot well in the 327 Magnum. I do not have my load information available but usually go with either 231 or Bullseye powder and keep the loads fairly conservative because I have other molds for higher velocity loads.

Gus Youmans

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
    No, that mould is worthless for any application. You should send it directly to me for proper disposal!

If you will do a quick search on this forum, you will see several good threads on the subject of loading for the 32 H&R that include the suggested loads those posters like for their particular guns using that WC bullet. I can’t recall seeing WC loads for the 327 FM, but there probably were some. The basic wad cutter mould (regardless of maker) is probably one every shooter of 32s should have available and unless damaged or abused, the RCBS should be a good one. Then again, it would be cheaper for you in the long run to follow the directions in my first comment and send it to me... just send me a PM for mailing directions.

Froggie
    If/when I get a .32 the .327 Federal would be my first preference due to the flexibility of more ammo options (and mo' powah, of course).
    This mould is in fantastic (new?) condition and to be truthful I have been wavering as to keeping it or not under the circumstances. Guess I need to do more research on the .327 before making any decisions, but it just seems too purty to let it get away.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RCSB-32-84-WC.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	248761

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus Youmans View Post
    LeadHead72,

I was not aware that RCBS made a .32 caliber 84 grain wadcutter mold.

Gus Youmans
    Gus, see the picture above and feast your eyes upon it! And look at the original price tag.

Boolit Buddy
    LeadHead72,

I don't know how long it has been since RCBS switched from the paper boxes but it has probably been 25-30 years. I have yet to get a bad mold from RCBS, so I would expect that mold to do fine and also be a little more miserly with the lead and powder supplies than a heavier bullet. I would keep the mold if you think you will eventually get a .327 Federal.

Don't rule out using the .32 S&W Long and/or .32 H&R brass in the .327 Federal. Both cases are more economical to purchase and load than their bigger brother and since most of my .32 shooting is practice or plinking, the shorter cases get much more use. In my experience the smaller cases do not lose accuracy when fired in the longer .327 Federal chamber.

Gus Youmans

Boolit Buddy
    Not too long ago I picked up 535 pieces of brand new Starline brass in .327 Federal for less than $0.10 each, so that also influences my choice. At the same time I got some H&R mag brass as well, but can't remember how many off the top of my head. It was cheap, though.

Boolit Buddy
    As for this mould, earlier this spring I picked up approximately 50 RCBS and Lyman moulds in one buy, and this .32 mold was included in that batch. There were some real jewels included!

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    Maybe try it in a .30 or .31 caliber rifle ??

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Moderator Emeritus

The 30-30 in a contender loves a 32 wadcutter and small charges of bullseye.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master
    Boy I could have fun with that little wadcutter in a 32 h&r mag case. Of course, it would be fun in 32 s.w long as well. Very nice score.