Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWideners
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision

Thread: Bushnell scope?

Boolit Buddy

Bushnell scope?

Did Bushnell stop making handgun scopes? I emailed them and haven't heard back.

Thanks Scott

Their 2 X 6 Elite 3500 is in the catalog but good luck finding one. Their new version of the Trophy with the fast focus eye piece dosen't even hold up to 44 Magnum Contenders. We've had 2 failures of those, both on .44's. If you're looking for one for on a non-kicker, I'd be tempted to try a used one. Other than Leupold, I don't think there's much of a selection out there.

Boolit Buddy
    I got soured on Bushnell when I settled my crosshairs behind the shoulder of a buck, and shot him in the neck. Good thing he was facing the right direction. After zeroing, I could watch the bullet move up and right.
    The only pistol scopes I shoot on my Contender barrels are Leupold or Burris. Never had a failure even with the heavy hitters.

Boolit Master

I have Burris on at least 1/2 dozen Contender barrels--I like 'em and they have held up well--actually no problems at all...

30-30, 7-30, 223 (2 of 'em), 6.8 SPC, 22 Match, and a 30-40 Encore...

Those are the ones I can think of just sitting her. I do have a Leopold also...

I also use 3-ring bases when the 'scope will fit with 3 rings in place...

Good-luck...BCB

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks, it will be on a heavy hitter. I wil look into Burris.

Boolit Master
    Bushnell hand gun scopes are a thing of the past, as in discontinued.

As to them being a turd, ask a few IHMSA shooters. I used the Elite line and not the trophy. The elite was about as good as you could get. I changed elevation at every distance every time. That gives anscope a fair work out. I know one individual that actually wore one out, if I recall it had seen over 20k rounds on several guns. That is more than the average handgun will see in several owners life times.

I have Burris and Leupold as well with no complaints. I am some what long armed and the eye relief is longer on the Bushnell AND it is constant at all X’s. Get to the upper powers in most and you are having to bend your elbows to get proper eye relief.
    YMMV

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JSH View Post
    Bushnell hand gun scopes are a thing of the past, as in discontinued.

As to them being a turd, ask a few IHMSA shooters. I used the Elite line and not the trophy. The elite was about as good as you could get. I changed elevation at every distance every time. That gives anscope a fair work out. I know one individual that actually wore one out, if I recall it had seen over 20k rounds on several guns. That is more than the average handgun will see in several owners life times.

I have Burris and Leupold as well with no complaints. I am some what long armed and the eye relief is longer on the Bushnell AND it is constant at all X’s. Get to the upper powers in most and you are having to bend your elbows to get proper eye relief.
    YMMV
    I agree about the eye relief...

Burris is O.K. on lower powers. My Burris, at least most of them are from 3x-14x (12x? without looking)...

I shoot from the bench so I am O.K. when on high power as I can lean a bit forward. Shooting at deer from, say a tree as a rest, powers much past 6 start to cause me to move closer the 'scope and the hold at arms-length becomes a bit "not so good"...

Good-luck...BCB