Load DataInline FabricationWidenersRepackbox
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
RotoMetals2

Thread: Good deal? You decide!

Good deal? You decide!

First the disclaimer: I am in no way connected, nor ever have been, with CDNN Sports. Website is: www.cdnnsports.com

Just a couple of days ago I received an order from CDNN, the first I have purchased from them in about 5 years. I've never had a bad experience with this company. In looking over their e-mail ads I spotted these items and ordered them. Although everything seems to be made in China, I am quite pleased with the quality for the price, and thought I'd make some of you aspiring young gunsmiths aware of these items before they sell out.

First, a brass hammer and punch set which cost me $14.99, item # AlMPSH13
    Attachment 248632
    Click to enlarge.
    The two black punches on the left appear to be a very hard plastic material, thicker, so probably pretty strong for driving or pushing pins that aren't steel. The two black punches on the right are steel, 1/16 and 3/32. These sizes, made by anyone, are infamous for breaking, and you'll use a lot of them over the years. I used to buy a dozen at a time from Brownell's. The brass punches in the middle are in sizes from 1/8 to 5/16 and will likely last for many years, as will the steel handled brass headed hammer. The only criticism I have of this set is the latches on the plastic case which are the self-hinged type and seem kind of thin for long term use, may break off after awhile -- but, one never knows.

Second, an Outer's cleaning kit in a wooden box. Nice box, but the usual soft Chinese wood. An unusual touch is that the hinges are attached with little Phillips-type screws instead of brads like I've seen in the past. The box itself is nicely made. This cost $ 24.99, Item #OUT70102.
    Attachment 248633

A nice assortment of cleaning tools, but you'll run through many brushes, mops, and patches during your gunsmithing endeavors.These must be viewed as shop supplies that need to be replenished as necessary. But, brushes are brushes, mops are mops, etc., and it doesn't really matter if they come from China or Ohio as far as functionality goes. The only criticism I have of these items are that the cleaning rod tip jags are plastic, and I've had bad luck with plastic threads screwed into metal rods and adaptors. The threads tend to break off in the rod. Sportsman's Guide sells a very extensive cleaning kit for about the same price with the same problem. A plus is that the cleaning tools are in a removable tray that lifts out, and.........
    Attachment 248636

Underneath is a screwdriver set containing a very comprehensive set of bits. This is included in the cleaning kit, but can be purchased separately.
    Attachment 248634

These come in a very nice plastic case with transparent lid and a sliding latch. There are a lot of this type of screwdriver sets on the market, but these seem a bit higher quality than most imports and the conventional screwdriver slot-type bits are definitely ground parallel for gunsmithing purposes. I have no criticism of this set at all.

Seems like a good place for someone on a budget to start building their tool collection at a reasonable price.

One final thought: I wish they sold the boxes separately-- I'd buy a dozen of them.
    Attachment 248635

No, the pistols don't come with the set -- but you get the idea!
    Last edited by Der Gebirgsjager; 09-21-2019 at 01:46 PM.

Boolit Master

the punch set is a good piece. its been sold under a half dozen names over the years, and $15 is a good buy.

Banned
    Looks like the prices went up

WOOD 79 PC CLEANING GUNSMITH SET 51 TOOL 28 CLEAN
    Regular Price: $51.45

Special Sale: $28.99

GUNSMITH PUNCH SET 12 PIECE WITH BRASS MALLET
    $18.99

I like CDNN. You can still call them and order things over the phone like in the days of yesteryear. Even though I must pay sales tax, they still have deals.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk