Boolit Master

Flooding

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	248604

It's been wet
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Yeah. They said it'd rain all day Fri. & Sat. here, about 70 miles S E of Dallas.

At dark, all we've had is a little shower that barely wet the street.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Well at least they're high and dry. We got HAMMERED Thursday, it was a real mess. Folks out this way still trying to find where their cars are at.

Boolit Master
    Well we were about to burn up here in north Louisiana, burn bans issued by most parishes. Although we had a very wet spring, and very good growing season, rain stopped first week in August. Sun cooked everything, to the point we had to start feeding hay early. This week we got good coverage from that last storm in Texas, about 2’’ coverage, not a drought buster but gives hope anyway. A/c season not over yet tho.

Prayers for Houston area with the FEET of rain they got. Hot dry wind and circular rain patterns here in NCT that have missed us so far. I've never been a fan of Indian Summer but we may have another this year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Here the trees are whistling for the dogs!

Boolit Grand Master

Prayers offered for any of you Guys affected by the flooding. And everyone else too!

Boolit Master

We were not personally affected but have friends nearby that are seriously affected. We got a LOT of rain but our area drains very well. One couple we know that was flooded several feet deep during Harvey was on TV last night saying how thankful that they only got 8" this time and can salvage a lot. Another friend that has a small business had his warehouse of perishable food items flooded two feet deep. Unbelievable that it happened twice in two years to so many people. Fortunately the bulk of the heavy rain was east of Houston in less densely populated areas but it is no less devastating for those affected.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master
    Maybe im less well read than the masses, but I keep reading stories about the Bahamas and the storm that never appeared along the east coast. I haven't read any news about the recent flooding of Texas that is mentioned in this thread. And im in STL, not that far away. No news stories about it at all. This thread is the first I have heard of it. I hope all are well and persevering. It just seems strange that the news would not center on citizens.

Boolit Master
    It was a storm that popped up quickly it was jus a disturbance and in less then 24 hr it had a name it dumped anywhere fro 3 to 38 inches of rain in less then 24 hr to much water in to short of time
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

I have a lot of family in Beaumont and they said the flooding was worse than Harvey. They are ok but some of their friends had just recently moved back into their house after it being flooded from Harvey and it got flooded just as bad again. Just Awful.
    " My people skills are just fine. It's my tolerance for idiots that needs work."