Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad Data
Inline FabricationWidenersRepackboxSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2

Thread: Excellent Customer Support from Kimber on K6s

Boolit Buddy Low Budget Shooter's Avatar

Excellent Customer Support from Kimber on K6s

In the interest of giving credit where credit is due, and in case it is helpful to someone else, I offer this report on my recent dealings with Kimber customer service.

The first week of this month, September 2019, I bought a used Kimber K6s 3" revolver, sight unseen, via gunsamerica.com When I took it shooting, the action did not work perfectly. Here's how things went from there:

-Friday, September 6th, I called Kimber. After only a very short wait, I was greeted by a very polite, helpful representative named Dawn, who asked for the gun's serial number, then took notes on my problem. She told me that the gun is 2017 manufacture (so not still under warranty), and gave me a return authorization number and instructions on sending the gun to the Kimber service center, which, interestingly is not in Yonkers, NY, but somewhere in Alabama. Calculating the cost of shipping, repair work, and return shipping, I wasn't sure whether to send the gun in or not. But later that day, I received a pre-paid shipping label by email! That made up my mind.
    -Monday, September 9th, I took the package to the local UPS store.
    -Wednesday, September 11th, Kimber sent me a note that they had received the package.
    -Monday, September 16th, I received a note from UPS to expect a package on Wednesday.
    -Wednesday, September 18th, the gun indeed arrived.

A note with the gun stated that the timing had been corrected by work on the hand. (Interestingly, the note also said that the gun had been test fired with 4 cylinders of Buffalo Bore 158-grain JHP .357 Magnum. I wonder who had to do that---ouch!)

The gun seems to work perfectly now. Kimber did not charge me anything for shipping or work done. Folks, I consider that top notch customer service! I am now much more inclined than I was before to buy other guns by Kimber. I like the 3" so well I'm going to be on the lookout for a good deal on a 2".

I hope this account helps someone, and gives some small reward to the people at Kimber who provided me such good service.

Happy shooting!

LBS
    Last edited by Low Budget Shooter; 09-19-2019 at 12:33 PM.
    I'm not sure where all the money is that I've "saved" by casting and reloading!

After close to 30 years of owning and shooting Kimber pistols, I have only sent one back for service. The pistol absolutely would not lock the slide on the last round. Kimber picked up the shipping and promptly returned the pistol with my shock buffer in a small plastic bag. A note said don't use those things.. I quit and have had no more problems. Good outfit.
    To paraphrase Ronald Reagan, the trouble with many shooting experts is not that they're ignorant; its just that they know so much that isn't so.

That is customer service with a bonus. Glad it is fixed. My newest Kimber has changed my mind about the company, and reading your experience keeps that positive mindset

Boolit Master
    I work in Yonkers, NY & drive past Kimber regularly. I have read that they are leaving NY once the Troy, Alabama plant is fully operational.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    My Micro .380 is a real gem, very accurate for such a small gun. My one and only problem came from a bad firing pin spring that I replaced.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Kimber has real customer service. My 84m in 7-08 was spiking pressures before it got to velocity reading that I thought it should and the accuracy was so-so. I sent it back and ask them to throat it a bit and the did and re-crowned the barrel. Presto 3/4" and lower pressure. The other big gun companies could take a few lessons from them.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!