RepackboxInline FabricationSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are your favorite reloading/shooting videos?

Boolit Master

What are your favorite reloading/shooting videos?

I love a good reloading/shooting/design/development gun video.

Not as much shooting a ton and doing long winded reviews on some new fangled plastic fantastic but an in depth review or a rifle or cartridge along with its development. I also love videos on reloading tools and techniques. Like the Lyman 310 tools and their history or our own SavvyJack’s video series on getting the RCBS green machine back up and running.

What channels do you watch or what videos do you go back to re watch now and then?

Capandball comes to mind as a good mix of shooting, history and reloading.

https://m.youtube.com/user/capandball
    The same goes for britishmuzzleloaders

https://m.youtube.com/user/britishmuzzleloaders

I like takes of the gun. Although some of their details are off, overall they are well done. Before my house burnt I had a whole set, sans two episodes. Now I have about 8 or so.

Boolit Master
    I like the Forgotten Weapons series. Also the ones with SGT Ermy. The Larry Potterfield gunsmithing videos are pretty good, too.

Boolit Master

cast boolits has some dvd's for loan that cover casting and what not, I believe dukeinflorida is the keeper of the library.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Master
    Forgotten Weapons, Hickok45, Sootch00, HootieHoo, Larry Potterfield, Yankee Marshall for the rants, IraqVeteran8888, old Ammosmith posts, theres so many to choose from depending on your topic of research. Good people and subjects to listen to while cleaning or loading.

Boolit Bub
    I've watched a ton of Johnny's Reloading Bench. Gotta love the "Talking Hand".

Boolit Grand Master
    I didn't know there were such vid's available
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master
    Forgotten Weapons & InRange TV are two of my favorites, excellent content!
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Boolit Buddy
    I must say Kirstein Joy weiss is quite enjoyable to watch...

Boolit Grand Master

I don't watch any videos on youtube dealing with any reloading or casting subjects, none. There may be some that don't start out with "hey guys what's happening..." followed by way too much talking with way too many "er", "umm" statements (?). I get a headache from the shaky camera, poor lighting and out of focus scenes. (can you tell I don'r care for youtube reloading stuff?).

I only watch 2 shooting related "blogs"/"vlogs". One is Paul Paul Harrell and the other is Hickok 45. These two are quality productions by well informed, very experienced shooters/hosts. I can understand every word they say and, from my experience, their reports are well presented and factual...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Mold
    One of the more addictive series of design/development videos is on a youtube channel called C&Rsenal. A very well produced deep dive into firearms that's hard to find anywhere else.

They also have a great series on their channel called Anvil, hosted by gunsmith Mark Novak who has an amazing ability to explain and present gun mechanics, smithing techniques, all the how's and why's. Very hard to watch just one episode. Highly recommend.

Another very informative channel on casting and reloading is FortuneCookie45LC, his videos got me into casting several years ago.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by stripper clip View Post
    One of the more addictive series of design/development videos is on a youtube channel called C&Rsenal. A very well produced deep dive into firearms that's hard to find anywhere else.

They also have a great series on their channel called Anvil, hosted by gunsmith Mark Novak who has an amazing ability to explain and present gun mechanics, smithing techniques, all the how's and why's. Very hard to watch just one episode. Highly recommend.

Another very informative channel on casting and reloading is FortuneCookie45LC, his videos got me into casting several years ago.

I used to watch his videos but when he did a series of videos on Hi-Tek vs PC I stopped watching him. He did a huge disservice to Hi-Tek by not following the directions and misrepresenting the ease of use and the quality of the product in multiple videos.
    Once I see something like that I kind of question the guys knowledge.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J. Spangler View Post
    I used to watch his videos but when he did a series of videos on Hi-Tek vs PC I stopped watching him. He did a huge disservice to Hi-Tek by not following the directions and misrepresenting the ease of use and the quality of the product in multiple videos.
    Once I see something like that I kind of question the guys knowledge.
    I appreciate your reply. After reading your post I went and watched several videos demonstrating the proper application of Hi-Tek and learned a lot about it. The results of a thorough application are impressive for sure and I would like to try that out myself.

I think perhaps Fortunecookie, being an avid powder coater, got too involved in the time spent aspect of the comparison to achieve what he considers the same end result, a polymer jacket on boolits. I agree is was not a fair comparison as Hi-Tek takes a few more steps to properly achieve that. Perhaps Hi-Tek is better for larger scale production rather than 100 or so at a time, not sure, but I don't want to dissuade folks from checking out his channel, especially new shooters and casters as he has a wealth of information to help introduce people to this great hobby & sport.

This is exactly why I joined this site. You tube is a great source of information but the discourse on this forum help separate the wheat from the chaff on a more granular level and I love that. A video on you tube is like auditing a lecture and CastBoolits.com is the study group. Thanks for giving me the heads up on what Hi-Tek can really do, I never leave this site without learning something.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by sigep1764 View Post
    Forgotten Weapons, Hickok45, Sootch00, HootieHoo, Larry Potterfield, Yankee Marshall for the rants, IraqVeteran8888, old Ammosmith posts, theres so many to choose from depending on your topic of research. Good people and subjects to listen to while cleaning or loading.
    I cannot stand the yankee Marshall! He drives me nuts. All the others are good videos makers

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by stripper clip View Post
    I appreciate your reply. After reading your post I went and watched several videos demonstrating the proper application of Hi-Tek and learned a lot about it. The results of a thorough application are impressive for sure and I would like to try that out myself.

I think perhaps Fortunecookie, being an avid powder coater, got too involved in the time spent aspect of the comparison to achieve what he considers the same end result, a polymer jacket on boolits. I agree is was not a fair comparison as Hi-Tek takes a few more steps to properly achieve that. Perhaps Hi-Tek is better for larger scale production rather than 100 or so at a time, not sure, but I don't want to dissuade folks from checking out his channel, especially new shooters and casters as he has a wealth of information to help introduce people to this great hobby & sport.

This is exactly why I joined this site. You tube is a great source of information but the discourse on this forum help separate the wheat from the chaff on a more granular level and I love that. A video on you tube is like auditing a lecture and CastBoolits.com is the study group. Thanks for giving me the heads up on what Hi-Tek can really do, I never leave this site without learning something.
    I agree. He is a good guy and does a great job. He’s on the right side of the fight. I guess I just need to be a better Christian sometimes and let the small things go.
    He has some great comparisons and get deep into the subject. I really shouldn’t complain.
    I just wish I could call him and talk him through the steps because I have a feeling he would fall in love with hi-tell

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J. Spangler View Post
    I agree. He is a good guy and does a great job. He’s on the right side of the fight. I guess I just need to be a better Christian sometimes and let the small things go.
    He has some great comparisons and get deep into the subject. I really shouldn’t complain.
    I just wish I could call him and talk him through the steps because I have a feeling he would fall in love with hi-tell
    Ha , I have some getting better to do there as well. I've got a bit of ocd and start feeling palpitations whenever I see someone chamber a 1911 with the slide stop. Right or wrong something about seeing it make me question my place in the universe or if I'll ever watch another video ever again.

Here is another video series for the list you might like on Youtube, The Real Gunsmith
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb0...qZ2YG7cNrOJc2Q
    Much to learn by listening to guys like him for a little while now and then. By comparison he makes a lot of the internet "experts" seem frivolous.

Boolit Master

Hahahah

Awesome I’ll add that to the list.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    My favorites are the Denny Ducet videos on Youtube, made at our club shoots.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...+muzzleloaders
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    My favorites are the Denny Ducet videos on Youtube, made at our club shoots.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...+muzzleloaders
    i've watched a couple of these. I just subscribed.

Elvis ammo is good also, he takes the time and explains his loafs as he works them up and then he test for accuracy on paper and expansion in ballistic jell.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast