RepackboxLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: US Winchester 1200 Trench Shotgun

Boolit Master

In VN, our company had one Stephens trench gun that the 1st Sgt normally carried. When we were in dense growth, he swapped it to the pointman and carried the pointman's M-16. Woe was the pointman (and his squad leader) who handed the 1st Sgt a dirty or rusty M-16.

Boolit Mold
    The M1917 bayonet that was issued with the 1200 trench guns was not the same as the WWI M1917. Dimensionally they were identical but the 1200 bayonet had two pins through the handguard and were silver soldered, in addition they came with black plastic knurled grip panels. The two will interchange but were noticeably different. We still had our 1200s and I believe them to have been new unissued including bayonets with the green composite scabbards. They were all sold about 5 or 6 years ago under contract and the guys that picked them up didn't bother with the bayonets.....I don't think they had a clue what they were leaving behind and they didn't care (idiots).
    Last edited by Rany A; 09-25-2019 at 11:41 PM.

Boolit Bub
    I’ve had one for many years if I need a shotgun it’s the one it’s fired many rounds and it’s fast never shirked ,it’s a 120 ranger with a replacement buttstock and a short barrel and a long barrel.it will shoot as fast as a semi in the right hands.I never saw one in the Marines only 870s.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12