Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just had to laugh

Boolit Grand Master

Just had to laugh

Got my Brownells news letter.
    Reduce recoil on a ar15.
    April fools joke????
    They have no recoil to begin with.
    Maybe just a sign of the times where most shoot only ar's.
    I wonder how many shots it would take, shooting a 338 Mag, before the flinch like they were shocked with a taser.

Don't you know that an AR-15 is as heavy as a moving box?

Windy West Texas, between the rocks, and the trees.
    Had to chuckle when my pard mounted a muzzle brake on his 10/22...
    Rights, and Privileges, are not synonymous. We have the Right to Bear Arms. As soon as the Government mandates firearm registration, and permiting, then that Right becomes a Privilege, and may be taken away at our Master's discretion.

Boolit Buddy
    Well, according to some of the woke newscasters the AR bruised them up, the muzzle blast caused a concussion, and they were suffering from PTS. And that was in .223...

Weapon of war.....
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master
    I think that a reduction of recoil in an AR-15 is a benefit! Muzzle flip would be reduced, continuous target acquisition would be far easier also. Making an already user friendly platform even easier to use.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Moderator Emeritus

Oh, you mean a machine gun.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

Kinda like O'l joe saying 9mm blows lungs completely out of the body!
    If liars pants really did catch on fire, watching the news would be a lot more fun!

Boolit Master
    many years ago; i had a friend (machinist) who was mounting a muzzle brake on a bolt action 223. i asked why. said that he was going out west to hunt prarie dogs. the muzzle brake would allow him to see his hits and misses. on that note; if you can't take recoil, shoot a lighter caliber or toughen up!!

Boolit Master

1971, U S Army Basic Combat Training, Fort Dix, NJ. Intro to live fire demonstration. The Instructor placed the but of an M-16 against his crotch and fired the rifle to demonstrate its recoil. 'Nuff said.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by abunaitoo View Post
    Got my Brownells news letter.
    Reduce recoil on a ar15.
    April fools joke????
    They have no recoil to begin with.
    Maybe just a sign of the times where most shoot only ar's.
    I wonder how many shots it would take, shooting a 338 Mag, before the flinch like they were shocked with a taser.
    Does the AR15 produce enough recoil to make the crosshairs move from the target enough to not be able to spot your own bullet impacts?

My primary use prairie dog rifles have 28" heavy barrels with lead in the stock. They weight around 14 or 15 pounds and yes, they have the largest most effective muzzle breaks I can find so I can spot bullet impacts for myself from less than stable rests.
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 04-01-2024 at 05:46 PM.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master
    Guess I'd better be taking the brakes and suppressors off of my varmint rifles!!!!
    Or perhaps I should just go straight to air rifles? Because I have muzzle devices on everything from 17 HMR to 225 Winchester to.....well everything other than my vintage guns.
    No! Wait! I have a Maxim suppressor for my 1894 Winchester as well as my 1895 Winchesters....dang - guess me and my ancestors have been weak shouldered for over a century.
    But seriously, if one cannot find an advantage from reduced recoil - I'm guessing that person hasn't shot very far very often.

Boolit Master

Army basic 1966 instructor put the rifle against the weakest lookin’ recruits chest, no pain, just push and that was a M14 in 7.62 x 51! Tim

I put a 4 prong fh on my dedicated Seekins .22 AR. Has totally eliminated the recoil.

Banned
    Thats the problem,, when you try to make a rifle have the same weight as an N frame revolver..

Bigger barrel, use the manly 1" diameter heavy contour barrel... make it 20"... get the stock that weighs more then 3 pounds

Boolit Master
    I have a Rem 700 V in 223 and have never had an issue keeping view of bullet strikes with out any recoil reduction devices.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tward View Post
    Army basic 1966 instructor put the rifle against the weakest lookin’ recruits chest, no pain, just push and that was a M14 in 7.62 x 51! Tim
    Excellent example! The M14 was (is) essentially uncontrollable in full auto or sustained semi automatic fire. Hence one of the many reasons that it had the shortest service life of any service rifle.

Boolit Master

Many ported 9mm's being sold these days too. A lot of young men in the country seem to have a severe case of vaginitis.

Some of the brakes on AR's might make the guns run a little flatter for the gamer's advantage against a stopwatch, but for any "game" played at night or without earplugs, they are a lot flashier and blastier than the good old A2 birdcage. I'll pass.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by William Yanda View Post
    1971, U S Army Basic Combat Training, Fort Dix, NJ. Intro to live fire demonstration. The Instructor placed the but of an M-16 against his crotch and fired the rifle to demonstrate its recoil. 'Nuff said.
    When my brother was a DI, he fired from his forehead, chest, and groin for the recruits.
    Hard to be afraid of it after that. Lol

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by cwtebay View Post
    Excellent example! The M14 was (is) essentially uncontrollable in full auto or sustained semi automatic fire. Hence one of the many reasons that it had the shortest service life of any service rifle.

That is a myth........

With proper training and proper use, the M14 and M14A1 are quite controllable in full auto and sustained semi auto fire. Those lacking in proper training and use of FA will have problems with any FA firearm including the M16.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast