RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee Precision
Reloading EverythingRepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Inline Fabrication

Thread: 227-640 heavyweight

Boolit Buddy

227-640 heavyweight

Ok there is a 227-640 Hornet HP mold GB that is currently active well I do not have a need for a lightweight mold , but I do have a WANT for a couple different heavyweights maybe a 60 grain or 65 and definitely a 75 grain anybody else be interested in a MP-molds heavyweight 227 Hollow Point ? Thanks for looking or added input.

I'm interested if weight is about 60-65 grain. Same model but cloned heavier?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamsek View Post
    I have both 65 and 75 grain but not HP version... If i could decide that model which is currently on GB chanced on heavier and HP version fits my purpose better... That 227-640 Hornet

Boolit Buddy
    Ok I am way back up in the hills of Northeast Arkansas and can only get 2 bars of service on 2 different hilltops if I’m on one leg and hold my rabbit ears just right . Last night I heard dueling banjos and did NOT go over to find out . I can’t get my-mold link to come up by if I’m thinking correctly he did 2 different weights on that nato design. I would be in for 2 molds 1 in the 60-65 and 1 in a 70-75 or even 80 because the goal is heavy not laser beam somewhere 2200-2400 FPS sounds pretty good with a HP on the 640 nose design

Boolit Master
    I would be in on a 5 or 6 cavity hollow point 227-75 Nato. I have the 6cav solid of that mold right now and love it.
    Last edited by sigep1764; 09-23-2019 at 02:46 AM.

Mihec has said in the past the metplat is too small on the .223 NATO molds for a hollowpoint. Make the metplat on the NATO bullets the same size as the 227-640 and an HP is likely not a problem.

Boolit Master
    Are we getting anywhere on this? Hollowpoints in the AR would be something magical.

Boolit Master
    can we widen the meplat? if the mouth of the hollow point was rounded enough, I think it would feed just fine. I would want the 75 grain version hollow pointed to maybe 70 grains.You could even go a tenth longer to make up for the weight. My 227-75grain mold is throwing 70 grains flat with my allow.