Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLee PrecisionWideners
RotoMetals2Load DataSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Inline Fabrication

Thread: Latest Video of swaging bullets FOR 22 Long Rifle

Banned

Latest Video of swaging bullets FOR 22 Long Rifle

This is the latest attempt at a video explaining the system that I have developed to swage 22LR bullets. The steps are as follows:
    Cast .215" 42 grain cores in the shape of 22LR bullets. The undersize allows room for powder coat.
    Then they get powder coated.
    Then the process in this video of swaging the powder coated cores.
    I made a comment in the video that the powder coat hardness was "in the 30s of Rockwell Hardness" Which is obviously incorrect. I meant that the powder coat in in the 30's BHN. Which is what I have been told. In any event we know that powder coat is much harder than lead.
    I am hoping to make a video on the tools for crimping these cartridges also.
    Last edited by Traffer; 09-18-2019 at 02:26 AM.

I really enjoyed the video! Thanks for sharing!

Well thats just all kinds of AWESOME...... Now wheres the video fo you reloading the 22LR and testing them? I was thinking the same thing as 22ELR is now a thing.... And Lapua Midas is $37 a box of 50 now....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by M.A.D View Post
    Well thats just all kinds of AWESOME...... Now wheres the video fo you reloading the 22LR and testing them? I was thinking the same thing as 22ELR is now a thing.... And Lapua Midas is $37 a box of 50 now....
    More videos to come...

Boolit Master

Since you posted this, I have subscribed to your channel and watched all your videos about die making.
    Your reshaping of drill bits is very interesting, more videos on sharpening them would be welcome. Thanks.
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by clodhopper View Post
    Since you posted this, I have subscribed to your channel and watched all your videos about die making.
    Your reshaping of drill bits is very interesting, more videos on sharpening them would be welcome. Thanks.
    I will try making yet another video on that. It is very hard to make a video sharpening drill bits because I have to do it through a 1.25" screen on my camera and I always mess them up when trying that. hahaha