MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRepackboxTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Load Data Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baked Pumpkin Donuts ...

SWMBO makes 'em in muffin format. Gotta wait till it cools down a bit before she'll fire up the oven, though. Very moist and tasty!

In Remembrance

Durn it!

Can't find my donut pan for the life of me.

So, just ordered two of the super large size SILLYCONE pans from Amazon, just to bake these donuts. Just glad I am not on a diet. I recently bought a dozen of similar donuts at a local bakery, and they somehow disappeared after three days. I live alone. The donut ghost must have taken some.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	71YlAXrSpyL._AC_SX679_.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	248623

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Made a few today. Fast and easy. Great taste and all gone.
    Butch

A few more baked donut recipes in case you run out of Pumpkin ...

Baked Banana Donuts

Ingredients:

2 ripe bananas, mashed
    2 egg whites
    1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
    3/4 cup packed brown sugar
    1 & 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
    3/4 cup of whole wheat flour
    1 tsp. baking powder
    1/2 tsp. baking soda
    1/2 tsp. cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
    1 tbsp. white sugar
    2 tbsp. chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 425F and grease baking sheet.
    2. Beat the bananas, egg whites, oil, and brown sugar in a large bowl. Add flours, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice. Mix until it's all well blended.
    3. Let stand for 5 minutes to let dough rise.
    4. Scoop out heaping tablespoons (my scoops were probably 2-3 tbsp’s each doughnut) and place on baking sheet equally spread apart. Take a buttered knife and finger to form doughnut holes in the centre of each. Smooth edges of dough into a round doughnut as much as possible. It will be difficult as the dough is sticky. Do not feel discouraged- they don’t have to be perfect. Sprinkle with 1 tbsp of white sugar.
    5. Place in oven for 7 to 8 minutes at 425F.

Baked Lemon Donuts

1 cup all-purpose flour
    1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
    1/2 cup granulated sugar
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1 egg
    6 oz container of Lemon yogurt (or plain yogurt flavoured with lemon)
    1/3 cup canola oil
    1/3 cup milk
    zest of one lemon

Glaze:

1 cup powdered sugar
    juice of one lemon

Directions:

Preheat oven to 325º. Lightly grease two 6 count donut pans with cooking spray or vegetable oil.
    In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
    In a small bowl, whisk together egg, yogurt, oil, milk and lemon zest. Add to dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
    Divide batter evenly into 12 donut cups, filling each about half full. (Use a pastry bag or a plastic bag with a corner cut out to make filling the cups easier.)
    Bake for 10-15 minutes, until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool for a few minutes in the pans.
    Whisk together powdered sugar and lemon juice to create a thin glaze.
    Remove the donuts from the pans and drizzle the glaze onto the warm donuts. Cool on a wire rack.
    Makes 12 donuts.

Baked Old Fashioned Sour Cream Donuts

Ingredients:

2 cups Bisquick baking mix
    ¼ cup granulated sugar
    1 tsp ground Nutmeg
    ¼ tsp ground Cinnamon
    ½ cup Sour Cream
    1 Egg

Coating:

½ Cup Granulated Sugar
    1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
    3 tbsp Butter melted

Creamy Glaze:

1 Cup Powdered Sugar
    1 tbsp Milk
    ½ tsp Vanilla

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

1. In a mixing bowl, mix together the Baking Mix, ¼ Cup sugar, nutmeg, ¼ tsp cinnamon, sour cream and egg until soft dough forms.
    2. Gently smooth the dough into a ball on a floured cloth covered board. Kneed ten (10) times and then place in baking pan.
    3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove and let cool for about 2 to 3 minutes before brushing with the melted butter and then dipping them in the cinnamon / sugar coating and then glazing over top of that coating with the icing glaze.

Red Velvet Baked Donuts with Cream Cheese Glaze

Ingredients:

For the Dough:

3/4 cups Warm Milk
    1 packet active dry yeast
    1 tablespoon Un-salted Butter, Melted
    2 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
    1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Red Food Coloring
    1/3 cup Sugar
    2 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
    2 tablespoon Cocoa Powder
    1/2 teaspoon Salt

For the Cream Cheese Glaze:

4 ounces Cream Cheese, Softened
    1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
    3 tablespoons Milk

Directions:

To make the dough, place 1/4 cup of the warm milk in the bowl of a stand mixer. Sprinkle the yeast over the milk, let sit for 5 minutes.
    In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1/2 of milk with the sugar, butter, and apple cider vinegar. Add it to the yeast mixture and stir to combine. Stir in the food coloring.
    Add the flour, cocoa powder, and salt and stir until dough starts to form. Change to the dough hook and knead until the dough starts is smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. If the dough starts to stick to the bowl, slowly add more flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough is no longer sticky.
    Transfer the dough to a lightly greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Place the bowl in a warm place, preferably a turned-off oven, and allow it to rest until doubles in size, about 1 hour.
    Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and, using a rolling pin, roll out the dough until it is 1/4-inch thick. Cut out donuts using two different sized biscuit cutters and place them on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper, about 2 inches apart. Cover with a clean towel and let sit for about 45 minutes to rise. Preheat the oven 375 degrees.
    Bake the doughnuts until they have set and are slightly puffed, about 7 minutes. Be careful not to over-bake the doughnuts, you want them to be light and doughy inside. Allow the doughnuts to cool completely on the baking sheet while you make the glaze.
    In a medium bowl, whisk together the cream cheese and powdered sugar. Add the milk and whisk until a thick liquid glaze had formed. If the glaze is too thin, add more powdered sugar. If the glaze is too thick, add more milk. Dip the doughnuts halfway into the glaze and then transfer them to a draining / cooling rack set over top of a baking sheet. Let the doughnuts sit until the glaze has hardened, about 20 minutes.
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    Canning pumpkin requires a pressure canner. There used to be a book called "Putting Food BY" that had instructions for all kinds of preserving food.
    The Ball book on canning covers it!

My pan came in this week will be making some also some mollasas ones. Down east favorite.

Boolit Buddy

Somewhere between the Red and the Rio Grande
    Those look sooo good !! I will have to give these a try !! My wife makes the most amazing pumpkin bread every fall , and it never lasts long ! I will see if she will let me sneak out of the kitchen with her recipe long enough to post it . Lol wish me luck

In Remembrance

Made the pumpkin donuts again today. This time I did the glaze thing. Much better with the glaze.

Tomorrow, gonna make blueberry donuts, with the glaze.

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12