Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLee Precision
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackboxReloading Everything
Wideners Load Data

Thread: NOE .22 cal. Pellet Moulds

NOE .22 cal. Pellet Moulds

The .22 cal Wadcutter is now in the store....

http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/index.p...53klqasbb16010

and the .22 cal Hunter is back in stock....

http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/index.p...53klqasbb16010

Bob

I'm sorry but I just can't see any purpose for these moulds. I am an NOE Fan, but these moulds are pointless. The Brass 4 cavity mould is $125! and you could buy literally thousands of the best pellets in existence for that much and it is doubtful you would ever cast that many, and the Swaged Pellets will always be more accurate than Cast.

Sorry but I just can't get on board with these.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master
    Agreed, along with the fact the pellets are not accurate, I think I wasted over $200 on a .25 and .30 cal. pellet mold.

Boolit Master
    I like to be able to play with both the alloy or cast pure lead of a pellet and the weight of the pellets.
    Store bought pellets are limited in both weight and pellet composition.
    I want more.
    Casting gives you many options.
    Mould cost is factored out by the added fun experimenting.
    There is no limit, but the commercial pellets can't compare to my home brewed satisfaction.
    I like to cast lead
    Bullets and pellets.
    Any body can buyem.
    I make my own.
    I don't expect or need any one to 'get it'.
    These pellets are very accurate, but you have to take the time to learn how to cast them. Just like with casting bullets.There is a learning curve to everything.
    That's my take on it.
    Last edited by Alferd Packer; 09-23-2019 at 08:44 AM.

Boolit Mold
    IMVHO if you target shoot and use a bullet trap like I do you can recycle the lead from the trap. At least that's what I'm going to try and do. As I'm trying to learn how to cast pellets and air rifle slugs I'm hoping to recycle my lead from the pellets I've shot into the bullet trap.

Boolit Master
    What the world calls "Global Warming", we in Arizona call "Summer Time."
    It was a good idea though, but I have to agree with the other gentlemen. I still think that if making pellets for pellet guns is something we were to seek, a set of tight tolerance swaging dies might be the thing to shoot for. But, if the price of a four cavity pellet mold costs what it does then I imagine that the price of a set of quality pellet swaging dies would be out of this world.

My home made pellet swaging dies are not what you could consider anywhere near tight tolerance and the accuracy show this but in a pinch I can swage as many pellets as I want and get good accuracy out to only about twenty yards. Beyond that and I'm wasting perfectly good lead that could be used for other things.

HollowPoint

Boolit Master
    I do see the point in casting pellets, especially in the heavier weights. Even the 18.1 grain JSB is pushing $50 for 1,000 pellets. You can cast 1,000 of those 20 grain Hunters for under $5.

I guess it wouldn't make sense if you were never going to put over 2,000 rounds through your pellet rifle and don't like tinkering and experimenting. But that doesn't describe me at all.

Boolit Master

I have 2 NOE molds for the air rifles, the .22 and the .25 solid boat tails. Both are used in pre-charged pneumatic rifles, and are heavy and accurate. In fact, I cant use my .25 Maurader on any air rifle target using them because it will literally obliterate the steel targets intended for regular pellets.
    I cast both pure lead, and Bismuth (because my buddy with the ranch likes to feed the dead squirrels to the hawks and vultures and insists on lead free on his property).

Boolit Master
    For lead free food for the vultures on your buddy's ranch, I would suggest that you cut out the pellets that are in your shot squirrels, thereby regaining the lead to reuse and recast more pellets. Also you would be able to see first hand the forensic effects of each shot.
    Lead is much cheaper and by reusing the lead, you would be saving having someone expending planet resources used to mine more lead for your pellets.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    I can’t see casting something that small, but if you enjoy doing it, that’s a good enough reason to do it.

Boolit Master

Baha, have you tried casting pellets with tin?

I bought a 17 cal air rifle so I could just buy some pellets and shoot.
    Already have around fifty molds, for calibers I shoot, but I also find joy in just shooting without all the preparation.
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

Boolit Buddy
    anyone that has a Noe .30 cal. 300-46-RF-CC4 RG4 cavity that don't want it I will buy it. let me know.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GregLaROCHE View Post
    I can’t see casting something that small, but if you enjoy doing it, that’s a good enough reason to do it.
    that's why I do it. With a ladle and the little Lee melter. Satisfying to do (and not the easiest little buggers to cast!).

Boolit Buddy
    I am seriously thinking about casting for my PCP, I shoot Metallic silhouette with a .22rf and can go through 10.000 rounds a year it would be much
    cheaper to use an Airgun, my club shoots Airgun Silhouette as well,
    I would be interested in chatting with anyone that casts pellets and slugs with N.O.E molds

Boolit Master
    I'd be happy to describe my process if you are interested, although I think mass-producing them with a NOE will be a LOT of work. Even the 4 cav...I think you'll find purchasing them may be your best bet.