RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRepackbox
Load DataWidenersTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision

Thread: Another score

Boolit Mold

Another score

Picked up 110lbs of wheel weights from my auto shop for $35. He also had 105lbs of from researching on here is auto body solder. 5 bars of national lead co 111 and the rest appear to be all Gardiner co 30/70 rods for $70. Have to sort the weights still but if I can come away with at least 80lbs I think I will be back when he fills up another bucket. Just want to say how helpful this site is and now it looks like I will need to figure out the calculator when I start blending to make my first bullets.

Boolit Grand Master

Nice Score! I shoot mostly straight clip on weights. Some casters will add a little tin, maybe 1.5% or so.

Boolit Mold

Ended up with 65lbs clip on weights, 10oz stick on, and the rest scrap. Out of the solder got 85lbs of 30/70, 5lbs National 111, 2lbs 40/60, and 3lbs unidentifiable solder.

Boolit Buddy
    I also got a decent score from local tire shop yesterday. Total of 355# of weights. After initial sorting I ended up with 263# of unprocessed COWW, 77# of SOWW. It had 10# of zinc weights and 81# of steel weights. Added to what I already have I have about 380 # of coww and 125-140# soww to melt down and put into ingots. Local tire store doesnt charge me for the weights, says I am doing him a service by removing them from the premises.

Boolit Grand Master

Thats a nice score! You should take them a box of donuts or something.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by lightman View Post
    Thats a nice score! You should take them a box of donuts or something.
    I have offered the manager a case of his favorite beer in the past but he refused to accept anything.

Boolit Master
    My lead source has a manager who doesn't accept gifts, but I bring snacks to the staff. I'm pretty sure it helps them to remind their boss who takes all that lead off their hands when it starts to pile up.