Some of you guys know of my Yahoo Umarex Octane shooters group. I think one or two of you have visited there. I started this group back when the Umarex Octane air rifle was new to the market.

My reason for starting it was that this particular model of air rifle back in 2009 was so new that I was hoping to attract a person or persons who knew all about the inner working of this air rifle so that I could get some advice from them on how to modify this or that, how to smooth out the horrendous trigger pull and other stuff. Before this, I had scoured the internet looking for this specific kind of insight on the Umarex Octane air rifle but there was very little to be found.

It turned out that the folks that started joining may have come to my Umarex Octane Shooters group mostly thinking that I was the Umarex Octane Know-It-All. Nothing could have been farther from the truth. They were asking me for advice and thankfully, some of the members started sharing their advice and experiences with me. It's going on ten years since I started that group and now, sadly I've decided to pull the plug on that group. It has nothing to do with any of the good guys in our group and everything to do with the countless Yahoo glitches we've experienced over the years and the nearly non-existent Yahoo customer service.

Some of those glitches seemed to have ironed themselves out over the years but some -the glitches in the most important features- persist to this day. The main glitch was/is that I could no longer upload fresh content. No more new photos or videos of air gun related projects or any other projects for that matter so, this is why I've decided to pull the plug on this group and move it to my Instagram account instead. Instagram is also far from perfect as a group setting but at least I can reliably upload new content there and it does give the ability to interact with other people. I'll be deleting the group at the end of this month. I want to give my members enough time to download any content they graciously shared with us if they wish. All of this has already been conveyed to our 300 plus members.

If by chance any of you guys here are members of the Yahoo Umarex Octane Shooters group and you didn't get my email concerning this, I thought I'd notify you here.. I'm hoping that this doesn't conflict with any rules or regulations of the cast Boolits forum. It's just a notice but, if it does fly against the grain here I will not be hurt or offended in any way if you pull this thread. If I have done something wrong with this post please accept my apologies.

Following is the link to the Yahoo group that I'll soon be deleting as well as the new address of where my new content will be uploaded from here on out. Thanks everyone.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...tions/messages

https://www.instagram.com/umarex_tim/

HollowPoint
Tim M.